Scattered Memories

"She'll be fine. She's just unconscious though the reason why I am unaware of." spoke Porlyusica as she came out of the infirmary. Natsu sat at a stool at the guild's bar, staring straight ahead. Just then, Wendy rushed in panting slightly.

"What... happened?" she heaved.

"She just passed out." Natsu stated. "I'm going to get Happy and we're going to the Magic Council. I have some things to say to Bankotsu."

He stormed out of the guild, Wendy running shortly behing him. When Natsu finally found Happy, who was enjoying some fish along with Carla and the other exceeds, he had tear stains on his face. He never even realized that he was crying.

"Happy, please fly me to the Magic Council right now." he begged.

"But, Natsu I-" the cheery exceed began before he saw the look on his. Wendy was next to him, begging Carla with her eyes to convince Happy to agree.

Carla sighed before placing a small white paw on Happy's shoulder. "Go. Your dragon slayer needs you and mine needs me. We can finish this another time."

"Fro thinks so, too!" encouraged the frog dressed one. Lector and Lily nodded at Happy.

Happy gave a little nod, before spreading his wings. "Aye!"

Happy grabbed a hold of Natsu's yukata and flew at high speed towards the Council. The two said nothing, even though Happy was curious of the urgency behind all of this.

When they finally arrived at the Council, Natsu ran inside while ignoring the shouts of the guards on duty. He followed the disgustingly, familiar scent of Bankotsu to find him being led back to his cell by Doranbolt.

"Hey, it's the Salamand-" he began to greet before Natsu's flame ignited fist slammed into his face. He stumbled back a bit. "Ouchie! That really hurt! What the hell?!"

"The curse. Lucy finally said it and then she passed out. What the hell are you not telling me?" Natsu sneered. Doranbolt stood there, obviously confused yet entertained by the whole ordeal.

"Ah, today's the last day too. Well, she technically did break it by saying, but I have no clue why she passed out. By the way, nice yukata! I wish I had one as nice as that." Bankotsu cried.

Natsu growled, clearly irritated. How could this guy not know when he's the one who placed the damn curse?

"Aha!" Bankotsu snapped his fingers and grinned. "I remember reading that if the curse was broken, the person would fall into a deep sleep while they regained their memories. It should take anywhere from two days to a month, but this all depends on how important you are to the person. Or was it how many memories you shared..."

"A month?!" screeched Natsu.

Bankotsu scratched the back of his. "At least I think that's what it said..."

"That's enough small talk. You need to get back to your cell." interrupted Doranbolt.

"Alright, alright. Good luck! Bye-bye!"

Natsu groaned, turning to face the multiple guards that were panting from chasing after him. They looked up at him and sent death worthy glares. Natsu sweatdropped.

"Uh, Happy?"

"Aye?"

"How fast can you get us out of here?"

"I'm not too sure."

A guard began to advance towards them. Their face held annoyance and anger.

"Should we find out?" Natsu whispered as Happy took a hold of his yukata once more.

"Aye!" Happy began to fly off just before the guard could grab ahold of Natsu.

Meanwhile, back at the guild as the two were flying back, the festival was slowly coming to an end. Members of Fairy Tail were heading back to the guild hall only to find an exhausted Wendy and an annoyed looking Porlyusica. Master sobered up from his drunkness when he saw.

"What's going on here?" he demanded.

Wendy looked up at him with tired yet worried eyes. "It's Lucy."

"What happened to her?" piped up Levy.

"She just passed out and then Natsu left without telling us why."

"It's the final day of the curse. Was there some sort of catch? She didn't confess or anything did she?" pondered Erza as she tapped her pointer finger against her chin.

"She did." the voice of the breathless dragon slayer said from the entrance of the guild. Everyone turned to look at him, shock evident in their eyes.

"So she finally confesses to Fire Pants here, and he runs off. Typical." tsked Gray.

Natsu chose to ignore his words. "She just fell into a deep sleep while her memories come back. It can take up to a month depending on the circumstances. That's what Bankotsu told me."

"Another month? Haven't we all waited long enough?" cried Mira.

"Tell me about." grumbled Natsu. He plopped down on the bench of the nearest table, shoulders heaving with sadness.

A hand on his shoulder caught his attention, well it was more of a paw.

"Don't worry, Natsu! Lushee will be up and back to normal earlier than a month! I bet all my fish on it." Happy comforted.

"Yeah, have some faith in the girl!" Erza stated sternly.

Gray smirked at the sulking fool before giving his words of encouragement as well to him. "How many fights as Lucy been in and pulled through? This is nothing!"

The rest of the guild shared their encouraging thoughts to cheer not only Natsu, but themselves up. They hated the thought that two of their most happiest guild members were in pain.

Natsu finally allowed a smile to lighten on his face. It was one of gratitude which he directed at his friends, no his family, who were all smiling back as well.

All he had to do was believe in her. And that's exactly what he was going to do.

In the room of the infirmary lay the unconscious blond girl. Her face still held the ever so slight hint of pain she was experiencing, but that was nothing compared to what was going on inside her head.

But when she opened her eyes, she was greeted with nothing but darkness before a bright white light broke into her vision.

_______________________

short chapter, i know but here you all go!