Mae

I looked at my phone. 4:17 pm

Should I text Shai and Jay that I'll be practicing with Rance today at my house? No, no, they shouldn't know.

"Mae, you okay?" he asked. I nodded and looked by the gym. I saw Jay jogging. He really is a hardworking man.

We went to the convenience store first to grab some snacks.

I hope this idea won't turn into a nightmare

"Until what time are we going to practice, by the way?" I asked. "Depends on you. I'm just a guest in your house and you have every right to set the time," he said while looking at the snacks I bought. He looks childish and a bit cute— WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING?

I cupped my hands and rubbed my face. It's kinda getting cold. You really can feel the Christmas season. "I wonder if snow will fall today," Rance said as he looked up. "We'll see,"

We walked through the busy street and we finally arrived.

Here we go.

I took a deep breath and took my key to the front gate. "Nicely built house you have," he said, bit fascinated. I shook my head while smiling. Oh you have no idea how it looks like inside. I opened the gate and welcomed him.

We went straight for my room where my father's grand piano lies. "Your parents not home yet?" he asked. I stopped for a moment.

Parents.

"A-Apparently so hehe," I replied.

I changed to my clothes and we started practicing. We had a challenge. Every time I hit a wrong key, I'll eat the spicy chips he bought. For the first time, I had fun practicing piano.

It's been an hour since we started the practice. We took a break.

5:26 pm

"Look, Mae! It's snowing outside!" Rance exclaimed as he looked outside the window. "Whoa,"

He immediately stood up and took his coat, but then he stopped for a moment. "What's up?" I asked. That was weird. "I was gonna go outside to play but then I'd look childish." he said while covering his face. Then again, my face turned red. "Wha-Why not? Let's go!" I said while I tugged him outside with me. As I opened the door, I heard a car stopping outside. Shit.

"Stay here," I said. He didn't say anything. He just did what I told him.

I peeked outside the window near the front door and there she is. Formally suited, high heels, brief case, phone in her hand, and shades to finish off her style; my mother's style of clothing. She opened the door and quickly noticed me. "Mae Trish," she said, coldly as ever. "Mother," I replied.

"Come to the kitchen. We have something to discuss." she said.

Crap, is it about my grades? I maintained them at average! Is she going to transfer me? Over my dead body! Is she, is she, AARRGGHHH

I shook my head and headed over to the kitchen. I texted Rance as I was walking.

'Stay there in my room if you want to live.'

He replied.

'Roger that'

She settled down her papers, calculator, and her laptop over the dining table. "Sit," she said. I sat down on a seat far from her. "So, how are you doing?" she asked. "I-I'm good, mother."