epilogue

epilogue

*3 months later, Easter weekend*

"Allie!" my mom shouts from downstairs, "Get the door please!"

We're having everyone over for Easter dinner. All of my family that lives in Toronto, and Shawn's family. That's right, even my grandma is coming. She fought the battle that is cancer and she won. I always knew she was strong enough.

I walk downstairs, and to the front door. I open it and the Mendes' are there.

"Hi! Come in!" I say.

"Hi Allie!" Alliyah says, coming in to hug me.

"Shawn told you, right?" Karen gives a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah," I say shyly.

"He's really sorry he can't make it. He has some last minute things to do before his flight home. He hopes you understand."

"I do. His career always comes first."

They come in, and eventually the rest of our guests arrive too. We just sat down to eat, and suddenly there is a knock on the door. Its pretty weird though, considering that I don't think we were expecting any more guests.

My mom gets the door, and I just continue eating, and shrug it off.

But I stop chewing when an all-too familiar voice comes flowing down the hall.

I think that surely, I must be hearing things, but, I get up and walk towards it, and sure enough, Shawn is standing there. In my house.

"SHAWN?!?" I practically scream. I sprint over and leap up into his embrace, wrapping my arms and legs around him. "I thought you w-"

I look at him. "We faked it. I was never running late, I just wanted to surprise you!" he chuckles.

"Well it worked!"

"I'll leave you two alone for a minute..." My mom awkwardly smirks and walks back into the dining room.

"Now that she's gone," I smirk, and I crash my lips into his. We kiss for a few minutes, oh how I missed this. I pull away, burying my face into his shoulder again. "I missed you so much." I choke.

"Don't cry, I'm here now." he chuckles, and rubs my back.

"Well, we should probably go back, or they're gonna get a little bit worried." I giggle.

I hop off of of him, and he intertwines our fingers as we walk back to the dining room and sit down. Shawn gets his food, and after we finish eating, we go up to my room.

We talk about his tour, and basically all that's happened in the past 3 months.

"Allie, darling," he interrupts.

"Ooh! A new pet name?" I question.

"Yeah I guess" he blushes, "anyways, Allie?"

"Yes babe?"

"Ever since I first looked at you I knew there was something special. I know that there was some quality in you that was different from other girls. I still haven't put a finger on it, but I hope someday I will. Allie, I love you to eternity, and I hope you feel the same way. And I know we're still young, but," He gets down on one knee and I gasp. "This is not a proposal, just a promise. Please wait for me. I know this tour is really putting a hold on our relationship but promise me it won't ruin us. That there will still be an us after all this is over." He pulls out a simple but still beautiful ring. "Please, baby girl?" he sounds nervous. Is he nervous? Am I nervous? Yes I am.

But I don't hesitate to jump into his arms, and kiss him. I take the ring and place it on my finger. It's beautiful, it has

"Shawn it's beautiful," I gasp.

"So is that a yes?" he questions, chuckling slightly.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes, Shawn!"

I know that I am still young and I might not know what love truly is, but Shawn makes me feel something that, to me, seems pretty damn close. And this relationship may not be your definition of perfect, but it's sure as hell perfect to me. And it's all I need to keep me going day to day.

-

a/n that's it! falling for you is officially completed! but don't worry, I'm still writing! check out my other book, meant to be, and/or hit me up on Instagram, @/crazymendess and @/burninginitiates!

now that this is completed, I will be going back and editing it, so if you get a notification that I updated, that's what it will be :))

this is actually a pretty terrible book so idk why anyone reads it but thanks to all of you who do! I am so grateful for you guys! I hope you liked it 😊

Emma 💗