Chapter One

Remy

"Mommy I love you " I heard my six year old daughter say a little over a whisper. Tears streamed my face as my hands shook viscously anger had forced its way back through my blood cells.

You have one minute left.

"I love you more Islah stay good for me please" I said shutting my eyes closed. "Let me here it "I chuckled.

"Books before boys because boys bring babies" she said confidently.

"I have to go Islah be good for mommy please"

"I will I promise" then I heard the dail tone.

"You can't stand right here ma'am "Officer Dickerson said with a stern look I smacked my lips as he cuffed my hands back up giving my shoulder a slight push.

Dumb bitch.

The cold doors slammed as I sat on my hard little ass bed I'd been sleeping in now for the past four years.

"You have mail" Officer Dickerson said snickering. I snatched as I rolled my eyes looking at the name my eyes nearly popped out of my socket. I ripped opened the letter, pushing my hair from in my face.

Dear, Remy

I know I'm the last person you want to hear from considering the fact I haven't heard from you in four years little miss Remy. I hear you have a daughter miss little Islah .. I've seen her she's growing to look like you really with that sassy attitude. I heard all of the horrible things maybe if I never said I do to Kim you wouldn't be in that situation. I knew you we're inlove with me but I was so blind living in the moment I didn't realize the love of my life was right in front of my eyes.. I hate this for you I hate that you can't see your baby girl I hate that your not out here living life... Remy things will get better in due time

Love , Anthony.

I sat in tears as I tossed the letter shaking my head throwing my face in the palm of my hands. Maybe him and Kimberly didn't work out I thought but at this point I didn't care my life was slowly crumbling to the bare minerals and being in this hell ho I couldn't do anything about it.

My life has been hectic getting pregnant at the end of my thirteen year old days having my baby girl at the age of fourteen. Being touched and raped by a family friend and that sick mother of mines "What goes on in this house stays in this house" dumb bastard. I was forced to be with a man I didn't want to be with hell he was old enough to be my father. By the age sixteen I found my self falling in love with an child hood friend although he was twenty I loved everything about him he knew I was in love with him he knew his heard was supposed to be with me.

Him living in the moment he went off and got married to a money hungry broad. He'd accomplished big goals and a short amount of time because he was now youngest lawyer in the state of South Carolina.

I was now twenty years old, I got charged as an adult with murder and shipped off to the county. After a wild night with Odell. I was tired of everything that he had put me through since I was thirteen I snuck his .38 gun from under his bed.

After him beating me nearly have to death in front of Islah I grabbed the gun cocking it letting the twenty clips off at him.

My thoughts was cut short it was now time to shower. I hated this shit having to shower with all these dirty women hell I hated not being able to take a shower when I wanted to.

Light were out I sighed heavily only thing good is that I had an cell by myself really since the whole time I've been here I think that's because officer Dickerson likes me.

Anthony

"You still trying to get that young tramp out of jail " Kimberly said through clenched teeth. I sucked my teeth not wanting to hear her bullshit right now.

"Shut up damn K , this is a friend of mine"

"I don't give a damn if it was a cousin of yours why are you trying to help this hoodlum" I gave her a confused look biting my tongue for the moment she really got under a niggas skin with this insecure shit.

"Whatever come to bed when your done being captain save a hoe" I looked at her for a brief moment wondering if I should've back handed her ass or just cuss her out. I did neither though I let her ass be.

"Uh , is this the Johnson's residents ? " I nervously clicked the pin up and down. "Yes , may I ask who's speaking ?"The voice of a lady chimed through my ears.

"This is Anthony... I-I wanted to set up a meeting if that's okay with you ?" I said in a questionable tome hoping for a yes.  "Sorry I won't be available anytime soon maybe next month" she cleared her throat I tucked my bottom lip looking up at the ceiling wondering what I could say.

"Okay Ma'am" I slowly hung the phone up biting down on my lips as my palms stated to sweat. I got my pen writing down things that would help Remys case little did she know I was going to be defending for her. I hated knowing that Remy was in a cell instead of out here with her daughter who lives in foster care home.

"I'm sorry baby I just don't want you to get caught up in anything " Kim said coming and sitting on my lap I looked up at her and nodded slowly.

"Can you come to be-" I wouldn't hear the end of her mouth if I said no.

"Yea come on" As Kim snuggled against me I laid on my bed with my arms propped behind my back thinking about Kim I was going to get her out of there.

Pushing my thoughts in the back of my head I slowly drifted off too sleep.

________________________________
                                              -

"Carmen did you get those files on Remy Ross ? " I whispered as I watched Kim fold cloths.

"Yea.. I have an idea in mind how soon will you be at your office ?" I bit my lip slightly looking up at the time. "I'll be there at noon" I said hanging up.

"Who was that baby ?"

Mind your damn business for once

"A client I have to meet with at noon" I said not looking up from my phone. For the past six months I'd write Remy so many letters, cards , pictures. Also for the past six months I've been gathering as much information as I could the system had no right in how they was treating her really about this whole situation she was found guilty because of how much money O'dells family had an the powerful attorneys.

She really had no chance to prove that this was for no reason.

I was positive no matter how long it took Remy would get her freedom back , Remy would get to hold her baby girl in her arms for more then twenty minutes , talk to her more then thirty minutes. Even if I have to risk my marriage and loosing my wife I'd make sure Remy's life will be pieced back together.

Okay , So this is my new book. All my other books will now be on hold until I'm done with this or I may just do slow updates.

I'm very excited about this new book.

Who's ready for a while ride ? 😜  but Incase of ideas for any other books please message me and I will "TRY" to put something together. At the moment I'm having a hard time with those books.

- Love , Aniya🐾