Chapter 3

A/N: I'm referring Yami Yugi as Yami because well I'd rather not call both spirit and human by the same name. Yugi is in italics, Yami is not. Also I'm cutting out some of the script and adding my own stuff. I might skip several moves and skip to the intense parts instead. Hope you understand. Also I think I went overboard with the chapter length....oops. Other italics are your thoughts.

You look at Paradox, your fists clenched with worry. "Hey pal..." It was Jaden. You turn to him and he asked, "Are you okay?" You answer, "I'm alright, this man though.....I don't understand him." Yusei spoke up, "Y/N, we don't have time to analyze Paradox's behaviour." Yami spoke next, "Your friend is right, we have to fight with everything we have if we want to win." You said, "I know...." You thought to yourself, "That's what I'm worried about the most." Yugi said to Yami, "She looks worried. I wonder what she's thinking about." Jaden said, "Well, ladies first!" You said, "H-Hold on! I can't start us off!" Yusei replies, "Y/N, listen to me. If you hadn't come, then we wouldn't have made it this far." Yami nods, "Yes, Yusei is correct." You said, "Yusei, Yugi." You shake your head, "I appreciate the thought, but I think Yusei should be the one to start, not me." Tempest asked, "What are you planning?" You reply, "You'll see."

Paradox said, "I hate to ruin the conversation but we have a duel to start!" He goes on, "I'll start by activating the field spell Malefic World!" You were stunned, "That's more creepy than the monsters Trudge has when he's summoning Goyo Guardian." Paradox continues, "Instead of drawing a card during my draw phase, I can add a random Malefic monster directly to my hand. Next, I'll send Cyber End Dragon from my extra deck to the graveyard-- which means Malefic Cyber End Dragon now appears!" You stayed silent and observed the dragon. Sky comments, "I understand now, he sends the good version of a monster to the graveyard and summons its dark counterpart." You quietly speak up, "This seems too good to be true. I know how it is, but we can't stop....we can't give up on this cause!" You thought, "Akiza, Jack.....we'll get them back, don't worry." Paradox concludes, "I end my turn with one face down." Yusei said, "Hey Y/N, what happened after....you know?" Jaden said, "Uh guys, hate to break it to you but this isn't exactly the right time for small talk." Yusei adds, "Y/N, I know that this is hard to take in but, we have to all work together in order to defeat Paradox." You reply, "I know." I'm just worried about those Malefic monsters....and the darkness they carry within them.

Yusei said, "Right! Here we go! First I play the spell card Reincarnation of Hope. By sending two monster to the graveyard now, we can draw a monster card later." Paradox remarks, "Fool, don't you realize that there won't be a later for you or your friends." Yusei answers, "Well right now, I'm summoning Junk Synchron!" He goes on, "And because I was able to summon him, now I can summon a level two or below monster from my graveyard. Sonic Chick, fan your feathers in defense mode! Next I'll play Quillbolt Hedgehog's ability from my graveyard; an ability since that, I have a tuner monster out already on the field, allows me to summon my Hedgehog straight to the field." Yusei adds, "They won't be there for long because I'm tuning them together! I summon forth the synchro monster, Junk Gardna." Yami was puzzled, "Synchro...what?" Jaden shrugs, "I don't know....but I like it!" Yusei said, "I place two cards face down-- and end my turn."

Yami asks, "Yusei, is your friend okay? She's awfully quiet." Yusei shook his head, "She's fine, she's just watching how this plays out. Y/N is a very quiet person, that's just how she is." You think to yourself, "I hope my deck can withstand these monsters and their abilities." Paradox said, "How truly pathetic. If that's the best you can do, then you might as well give up here and now. Your decks are no match for mine, not since I snatched Black Rose Dragon and Red Dragon Archfiend!" Yusei notices that your fist is tightly clenched. Paradox continues, "It's my move. And with it, I'll show you a beast of true might. First I'll send Black Rose Dragon from my extra deck to the graveyard-- which mean Malefic Black Rose Dragon will rise!" You growl in anger. Paradox remarks, "Why do you think that I was collecting those cards in the first place? So I could collect the cards I would need to destroy Pegasus! But until that time comes, I'll use them to destroy the four of you! Malefic Black Rose Dragon, attack!" Yusei said, "I play Junk Gardna's ability! And with it, your monster is about to get switched into defense mode!" Paradox smirks, "Fine then you stopped one of my Malefic dragons but as you recall--! I have two out! Malefic Cyber End Dragon, attack!" Yusei was thrown back by the shockwave, groaning from the impact. Yami asked, "Are you all right?" Jaden said, "Say something, pal!" You whisper, "Yusei.." Yusei replies, "Ugh..I'm alright." Heroes: 4000>>2600. Paradox answers, "Well you won't be because in a Malefic duel you don't lose the match, you lose your soul!" This is worse than I thought. Yusei continues, "And next I play the trap, Miracle's Wake! It lets me wake up a monster from my graveyard that was destroyed this turn!" Yusei exhales, "I'm sorry guys, I lost us some points." You spoke up, "It's alright Yusei, you were always good those traps of yours."