The beginning

Stefan's POV

For over a century I have lived in secret, hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now I am a vampire

Emma's POV

Dear diary,
Today will be different it has to be. I will smile and it will be believable, my smile will say "I'm fine thank you" "yes much better" I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only I can do to get through it.
-
"Toast I can make toast" aunt Jenna says frantically.

"It's all about the coffee aunt Jenna" I said as I made my way over to the coffee maker.

"Is there coffee" Jeremy asked as he walked into the kitchen and snatched my cup away. I got another one out for me.

"It's your first day of school and I am totally unprepared" aunt Jenna says as she searches threw papers. My twin sister, Elena comes down and says good morning to us three. "Lunch money?" Jenna offers. Me and Elena decline but Jeremy takes it. "Anything else. Number 2 pencil?"

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena asks.

"I am meeting with them... now crap!" She says.

"Then go we'll be fine" Elena assures her. Aunt Jenna the takes off.

I turn around and look at Jeremy "are you alright?"

"Don't start" he replies and walks out the door. We then get a txt from Bonnie saying she is here and head out the door.

-
We are in the car Bonnie driving, me in the passenger seat, and Elena in the back.

"So grams is telling me I'm psychic. Are ancestors were from Salem. Witches and all that. I know crazy and she just went on and on and I'm like put this woman in a home already" she says as we pass a graveyard and I start to zone out. "But then I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath ledger and I still think that Florida will break off into it's own resort island... Emma, Elena back in the car" we turn and look at her.

"We did it again didn't we?" I ask and she just nods.

"I'm sorry Bon what were you saying?" Elena asks.

"That I'm psychic now" she replies.

"Right ok predict something about me" I ask and just as she is about to reply a black bird runs into our windshield and the car swerves. I grip the side of the car. The car stops and Bonnie turns around and looks at us.

"Oh my god" she then turns to us "are you guys ok?" She asks

"Ya" Elena replies still catching her breath just like me.

"It was a bird or something it just came out of nowhere"

"It's ok we can't be freaked out by cars forever" I say.

"I predict this school year is going to be kick-ass and all the sad, dark times are over and you guys are going to be beyond happy" she says looking at us and then we continue driving to school. All I can think about is how much I hope she is right.

-

We are walking threw the halls mystic fall high school. "Major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Kelly Beach still trainee mess? Bonnie says as we reach her locker.