CHAPTER 4

Warning!

My chapters would be short and fast-paced. Please do understand. Thank you.

**

WHAT THE HELL? Am I starting to lose my mind? I slapped myself mentally and shook my head. God I'm disgusting.

I looked down and start to play with my fingers. Gosh I'm nervous. This is an everyday, well, routine I guess? I come to school with bruises, go to my locker and see him standing near it as if he's waiting for me. Well he really is. I know what's coming next and yet nothing prepared me from the pain in my abdomen as he punched it with all of his strength. It felt like the air left my body. Gasping, I fell to the floor and used my arms to protect myself though it obviously has no effect.

I felt the cold floor in my skin and it made me feel like I am numb. But I am not. He continued to kick me everywhere and some of my ribs are broken. He is yelling something but nothing registered in my fuzzy mind. My vision is blurred because of the salty tears in my eyes. I coughed very hard it seems like my lungs would burst out of my chest any minute. I continued to cough,my body rocking with the uncontrollable sobs and coughs that is leaving my body. I could also smell my blood. The tangy smell didn't help as I tasted something metallic in my mouth.

I closed my eyes and welcomed the pain, but it stopped suddenly. Opening my eyes in confusion, I saw him hovering over me. I stopped myself from looking at him in the eye. Nothing good will come to that. The last time I tried to, he got so angry almost the whole school beat me up. But I failed. Something was pulling me to look at him and that's exactly what I did. It was slowly at first, I looked from my position on the floor, from his shoes up to his jean-clad legs and thighs to his black fitted shirt and then to his mesmerizing electric blue eyes.

When our eyes met, the world stopped suddenly. It's like we're the only people left in the world. Surprise is not enough to describe what I'm feeling right now. My heart felt like it stopped beating. But not in a good way. Not because finally I found my mate. Not because I have found the one person made for me by the moon goddess. Not because finally, someone came to save me from this hell. No, that's not it.

It felt as if my body stopped functioning. My whole body is paralyzed from the shock. No! No! NO! This is not happening! No, I refuse to believe this. I shook my head from the trance I was in and lowered my head. NO! This is a terrible mistake! He can't be my mate.

Yes, I refused to acknowledge mates and am not really fond of the idea but that does not mean I could get a jerk of a mate. Why am I so unlucky?

***