CHAPTER 5

Seth's POV

I woke up today feeling extra jumpy. Well, my wolf is. For some reason, he's overly excited for today. He keeps prancing around my mind and it's giving me a headache. I don't know what's wrong and I don't intend to find out since I'm getting late for school.

After my morning routine, I quickly made my way downstairs for my breakfast. I don't really like school, but hey, who am I to complain? I am the future alpha. The next in line to lead my father's pack, the Nigrae Lunam Pack. 

Once in the kitchen, I just grabbed an apple. I will probably eat in the cafeteria at school anyways.

***

I parked my Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 in the parking lot of the school. Now this is what I like. Everyone drooling over my baby car. I am not really a car addict but I do choose my cars very well. 

I opened the door from my side and got out slowly. All eyes are on me. Well, no surprise there. Beside from being the future alpha, girls also flock themselves around me. Guys want to be me. But the company I love the most are from the girls. I have all the girls lining up for me waiting for the time I pick them. I'm not a casanova. Nor I am a player. I just take what I'm offered, anyway, who doesn't want to have a taste for this? *points to body*

I walked the hallways turning towards the lockers. Now if I have anything I love besides my girls and my cars? It's beating my favorite punching bag, Melissa. When I saw her locker, I leaned against it and relaxed myself. I closed my eyes and waited for her.

It wasn't long when I smelled her scent. It was her usual strawberry scent that is sweet but for some reason, it smells sweeter today.

Whatever.

When she neared me, I punched her with all my strength. She fell down to the floor curled up, using her arms to protect herself. Huh! As if that's gonna stop me.

I continued to punch and kick her with my strength. You deserve this bitch. I say in my mind. She stayed curled up on the floor. I heard some bones breaking. Huh! It's probably her ribs I continued to kick her in the abdomen and she whimpers desperately covering herself from me. I shouted her insults though I don't think she can hear me.

*STOP* my wolf suddenly shouted at me.

*WHAT NOW DUDE? I'M HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!* I shouted at him in my mind. Though that doesn't make sense. How can you shout in your mind right?

*LOOK AT HER!*

* Seriously?! You stopped me just to look at her? Whatever!*

I stopped kicking her and put my hands in my pocket. Looking at her sprawled on the floor with her hands covering her bloody body and tears streaming down her face made my heart lurch in pain. She is freaking helpless. I almost lend my hand to help her stand but stopped myself immediately. What the fuck's wrong with me?

I continued to look at her. She lifted her head and looked at me and time suddenly stopped. No! She can't be my mate. No way in hell!

"No! T-this is n-not happening. I-i refused to believe this" she whispered and if I am not a werewolf, I wouldn't have heard it.

She looked at me with wide eyes. She looked like she's going to pass out. She is still staring at me with her mouth gaping in shock.

"W-why are y-you my m-m-mate?" She shook her head and closed her eyes. she shook her head harder and then finally looked at me. This time her breaths came out in shallows.

My wolf jumped up and down purring as our mate looked at us in the eyes again. We studied her face and saw the bruises along with her stomach that is not covered by her shirt that is uplifted. He growled menacingly looking and took a step forward.

She flinched away from us and  lowered her head.

That's when it hit me.

I caused most of her bruises and probably some broken bones. Why? Why did I hurt our mate?

'You shit! You caused our mate pain!' My wolf yelled at me.

I snap back to reality and stared at her again. She can't be my mate. I'd be a disappointment if I introduce her as my Luna.

So, with a shout of disagreement from my wolf, I uttered the words one should never say to a mate.

"I, Seth Blake Marshall, reject you Melissa Rietveld as my mate and Luna of the Nigrae Lunam Pack!"

***