Chapter 33: Watching

Kate was the first to wake up. She felt ok for once in her life. She was content with Rick. Just laying in a comfy bed with the bet man alive was enough for her. She snuggled in closer. She realized that Rick still had his jacket on and felt a box size bulge in his pocket. She wanted to know what it was but moving her armed pulled on her back. She groaned and closed her eyes, slowly dozing off.

A few minutes later Rick woke up, he rubbed his eyes and smiled at Kate sleeping beside him. He hoped she would be ok. He sat up slowly and maneuvered out of the sheets getting up and going to the bathroom. While he was gone Kate woke up once more and tried to sit up. Her ribs hurt along with moving her neck side to side.

"Castle?" She questioned standing up as well. Her knees buckled under her and she fell. She caught herself on the side of the bed and stood back up. "Castle?" She called again.

When Castle headed down the stairs he remembered that Matthew was in the bathroom. But when he got there the door was open and nothing and no one was in there having to do with Matthew. Castle was confused and scared. What if Matthew was hiding upstairs waiting for him to leave so he could attack Beckett again? Castle ignored his blather and ran back upstairs. When he did he saw Kate sitting up. Then she saw his worried face.

"What? She asked.

"Nothing-what's that?" Rick asked changing the subject to the piece of paper on the bedside table. Kate picked it up and read it.

"What does it say?" He asked.

"Ryan and Espo took Matthew to holding, they want us to come down later." She replied with a sigh of relief.

"Oh ok." Rick said sighing to and sitting down next to Kate as well.

"What's wrong?"

"When I left to go to the bathroom I saw the door open and- and I thought-"

"It's ok." She said leaning her head on him.

"When I went to go get our keys that's not all I did."

"What do you mean."

"I went to go get you a ring."

"Rick you didn't."

"I did." He pulled the ring out of his pocket and opened the box. Kate stared in awe at the ring. It was beautiful. Ring gently slid the ring onto her finger. She smiled and kissed him softly. He helped her stand and they took a shower. At first she refused and he left her alone about it. But when he heard the shower turn on she called him. He hurried in scared that she had fallen. She didn't. She peered behind the shower curtain.

"Can you help. I can't turn my neck and stretching out my arms hurts my ribs."

"How do you want me to help?" He asked, confused at her talking to him while she was naked. She was always so scared of anyone seeing her since Cole.

"Can you come in and help me?"

"How."

"Like take a shower with me. Without clothes so we can both get clean at the same time. Please."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it'll help me. Help me get used to everything and maybe help me forget."

"Ok."

Rick then got and and helped Kate. At first she was scared but then she relaxed Rick have her a massage and then washed her hair for her. Soon enough to they were out and dressed. Kate didn't put on any makeup and Castle brushed her hair. He thought she looked beautiful. He always thought she did. They then went over to the precinct. Rick helped her out. By now Gates had probably found out that they were together. She was supportive of them. Even though she wasn't fond of Castle she was happy for them. He helped her out of the car and she sort of limped to the door. Castle gave her some aspirin when they got inside and they both went I tot the break room so he could make coffee. She laid down on the couch.

Ryan and Espo then came in and we're delighted.

"Hey, so what's the news on Matthew?" Castle asked. Grabbing two cups.

"LT put him in interrogation. We were going to interview him but you never sent us the voice memo of Kate's statement." Ryan said.

"Right, let me do that right." Castle then took out his phone. The boys glanced at Kate and noticed how she was falling asleep. They then noticed the ring on her hand.

"Dude did you propose." Espo asked.

"Yeah I just bought her the ring yesterday." Castle said. Both the boys' phones beeped they reviewed the memo.

"Ok we're going to go interrogate him now." Espo stated.

"What about Kate?" Castle questioned.

"What about Kate?" Ryan said.

"She'll want to be in there, or at least watching."

"Listen we know, but look at her, she's exhausted and doesn't need anymore stress than she already has. We'll take care of this."

"Alright but if she's pissed of I'm blaming the both of you."

"Ok. Do you want to watch?"

"Yeah." Castle left the cups and covered up Beckett. Castle went into observation as the boys went into the room. Castle was disgusted by this man.

"So Matthew Bracken. Why did you go into the home of Richard Castle and attempt an assault on detective Beckett?" Espo began.

"I just wanted answers. And I want a lawyer." He replied.

"We'll get you a lawyer. Just answer our questions and you won't need one. What did you want to ask her in the first place."

"I just wanted to know what she knew about LockSAT."

"What's that?"

"It's not a what it's a who, I know who it is. I want to know if she knows."

"What does LockSAT have to do with anything."

"I'm not one to kiss and tell. But kissing Kate was pretty great. She sure puts up a struggle but I was pretty close to getting what I wanted."

While Espo and Ryan were talking to Matthew kate woke up. She looked around the room and found Castle no where. She slowly stood up and let out a wimper. Out of everything her ribs hurt the most. Even though they weren't broken they still provide great pain. Kate walked over to Gates. When she saw her she was surprised.

"Detective how are you?" Gates asked.

"I've been better, have you seen Castle?"

"He observing in observation room 1."

"Ok." Beckett then walked over to the room and saw Castle inside. He was shocked to she her in. He didn't want her to here what was happening. It was awful. They were all yelling and Matthew was saying the most disturbing things that left Castle wanting to leave. He jumped up and shut off the sound blocking her.

IM EXTREMELY DEPRESSED ABLUT CASTLE ENDING. IVE WATCHED THE EPISODE LIKE 47 TIMES AND JUST HAVE BEEN BINGE WATCHING IT. IM SAD IT ENDED BUT AT LEAST THEY GOT THEIR ALWAYS. NOW IF ONLY I CAN FIND MINE.

- K