2

"Wake up, you've been asleep for hours!" I heard a voice say through my sleep. I couldn't identify the voice until I opened my eyes and saw Maura right above me sitting on my drawer.

I groaned and picked my head up. "How long have you been here?" I swallowed a wad of dry spit.

"Only like an hour. You need to get up. I need you to help me shop for the first day on Monday," Maura got up and walked over to my closet, pulling out clothing, looking at them, then shoving them back inside my closet.

I rubbed my eyes and watched Maura as her hair brushed against her shoulders with every move she'd make.

"My mom suggested we go to the same school since I don't really know anybody. She wanted me to feel comfortable. Oh, these jeans are nice," She chucked a pair of gray skinny's on the bed.

"Are you picking out my clothing for me?" I asked. 

She stopped and turned to me. "You don't like that anymore? We use--"

"It's just that, I like to pick out my own clothes. Thanks for the help though,"

"Oh," Maura got up off her knees and started for the door. "I guess things change," She mumbled. "Anyway, when you're done I'll be outside," And she walked out.

I felt sort of bad after that, but things do change. We're not 12 anymore. I don't want it to seem like I don't want her around me, it's just, I'm a new person and I guess, our relationship has changed.

 I finally got out of my bed, showered and got dressed. When I walked outside of the room into the livingroom, Maura was sitting on the couch watching The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.

"Lets go," I said grabbing my keys off the cabinet near the door.

Maura got up and we walked out together.

"I wanna take a train," She said. "All I've been doing for two years is riding in cars, I miss the smell of piss at the train," She smiled. And I sort of saw a bit of the old Maura in her face, which made me smile too.

"Alright," We started for the train station.

We spent most of our time at the mall doing more talking than shopping. We were just mostly reminiscing on our old days and all day I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed Maura and how much she made up a big percentage of who I was and as did I to her. I just missed her, more than words could describe, I missed Maura.

 "Remember the chicken that almost ripped your head off. I wonder why no one is afraid of chickens, they're lethal!" And we both started laughing.

"Maura, I miss you," I grinned.

Maura's face softened and a warm smile appeared on her face. "You were the only reason I looked forward to coming back," And then she just stared at me, with that smile on her face, sort of the way she stared at me when we were in her backyard. "Anyway," And she changed back into her hard exterior. "I don't want to go home just yet,"

I scrunched my eyes. What else was there to do.

"Don't look at me like that. I lived here too and I know a couple people still," And she sat back in her seat. "Remember Freddy?"

"No," I shrugged.

"Ugh, remember that boy that used to come over to my house all the time, he had green eyes, blonde hair, always playing pranks on you?" She laughed a little at the memory, I guess.

I still couldn't remember. I shook my head.

"Sappy Sav?"

Then I remembered that evil little shit. I'm sure he's much older but I stopped seeing him at Maura's house since we were small. It's been so long and I wondered why we stopped seeing him. Anyway, he was mean to me, a lot. I think it was mostly cause he had a crush on me, but It could possibly be that he hated me and wanted to feed me to starving lions. Whichever one it was, this boy, Freddy, use to put his boogers in my food, pants me at unnecessary and very inconvenient moments, trip me, push me, throw things at me. It's little kid things but at the time I felt like my world was coming to an end. Now that I think about it, I think this boy just hated the shit outta me.