Iwaizumi Hajime x Reader (Confusing Endearments)

[A/N] FYI, Reader is third year.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Iwaizumi pinned (F/n) to the ground who grinned up at him. "Iwa-Chan~, getting a bit aggressive there, sweetie," she teased. Upon the endearment, Iwaizumi faltered slightly. Taking the advantage, (F/n) flipped him over with little difficulty and pinned him down on his stomach, pulling his arm behind his back. Choking, Iwaizumi patted the floor and she let go. "And I won. Again," she winked.

(F/n) stood up and helped Iwaizumi up. For a girl with small stature, she was pretty strong. (F/n) skipped towards her best friends, Matsukawa and Hanamaki who held out the money for her to see. Oikawa lost the bet~. The trio slapped hands with a whoop. "Thanks (F/n)-Chan! Let's get Gari-Gari kuns for our victory!" Hanamaki cheered. "Wanna come with?" he turned to the first and second-years who watched their senpai wrestle.

Oikawa turned to Iwaizumi with a pout. "You lost to (F/n)-Chan for three times in a row already, Iwa-Chan. Don't you always boast that you're a pro in wrestling?"

"Shut up, Kusoikawa," Iwaizumi growled. He couldn't tell his best friend that (F/n)'s endearments kept throwing him off. (F/n) had a flirty nature and she had a habit of calling people with cute endearments. She had different ones each time and although Iwaizumi was relatively stronger, a sweet name-calling could reduce him to mush and then she would take the chance to win.

That, or she was sneaky.

"Iwa-Chan! Do you wanna get Gari-Gari kuns with us?" (F/n) asked sweetly.

...

Okay, she definitely wasn't sneaky. Iwaizumi shook his head. If possible, (F/n)'s widened a large fraction as she pouted. "Why not, love?"

Iwaizumi blushed faintly, hoping Oikawa wouldn't notice. Unfortunately, the setter did and sent the ace of Seijoh a knowing smirk. "fine, then Oikawa, sweetheart, do you wanna come?" There. She did it again. When (F/n) started with the endearments, Iwaizumi always thought it was only for him. Just him. She had that effect that the name-callings were specially for him and she meant every one of them.

Unfortunately... that was not the case. She gave everyone sweet endearments and no one would mind because it was her nature. So poor Iwaizumi got baffled whether she actually like him or just being herself. The thoughts plague him for days.

"Iwa-Chan? Darling? You awake?" Iwaizumi snapped to the present to see (F/n) mere inches from his face. She gave a crooked grin. "We're heading out now. You can tag along if you change your mind," she smiled before skipping off with the rest of the team except Oikawa who would definitely use the moment to bug Iwaizumi.

"So... (F/n)-Chan huh," Oikawa nudged Iwaizumi. The ace growled, trying not to hit the brunette. Ah, screw it. "Ittai! Iwa-Chan, mean!" Oikawa howled, rubbing his head. "What's up with you? You always have that confused face whenever she talks to you." Curse Oikawa and his sharp observation skills. Iwaizumi didn't answer. He was too embarrassed. "C'mon Iwa-Chan! Tell me!!" Oikawa demanded childishly.

"Do you think she really like-like me or just being herself?" Iwaizumi felt stupid asking his friend -who could have any girl he wished- for love advice. He nearly expected the brunette to laugh or at least tease him but the setter was deep in thoughts.

"Well, I could be wrong but (F/n)-Chan's endearments for you keeps changing while for others, she changes like only once a week," Oikawa said, shrugging his shoulder. "But I can't be too sure. Why not you ask her?"

Iwaizumi slapped the back of Oikawa's back again. "Are you stupid? What if I say something that can ruin our friendship?" he hissed. "She'll avoid me and I can't handle that!"

"Aw~ Iwa-Chan's growing up! I'm so proud," Oikawa pretended to cry before returning to his normal self. "Well, if you're that desperate to know, why not call her with endearments of your own? If she has a reaction like blushing etc, ask her. If she doesn't, ask her."

"Isn't it the same thing?"

"But her answers won't."

So Oikawa's plan was set to action. "Hey, darling. How are you doing?" he stammered. He felt so stupid now that Matsukawa and Hanamaki was staring at him, their jaws open. However, (F/n) glomped the taller male.

"I'm good. But, Iwa-chan, honey, what's up with the endearment? I didn't think you would be the person to say them," (F/n) said, her eyes sparkling. She squealed internally. Iwaizumi blushed at her sudden affection and straight-forward question.

"I -uh- I..." he stuttered. Matsukawa and Hanamaki grinned, giving Iwaizumi thumbs up before leaving.

"Say another! Say another!" (F/n) pleaded, her face close to his with an excited smile. Iwaizumi blushed a darker red. "C'mon. Please, love?" (F/n)'s voice dropped to a whisper as she smirked at his flustered state.

"Sweetheart?"

(F/n) squealed and hugged Iwaizumi tighter. "Iwa-Chan!!! I luv youuuuu!!"

"Wha--?"

"What's wrong, dear?"

Iwaizumi growled lowly to himself. He grasped her arm. "Look, (L/n)-san. Can you stop messing my mind?" he blurted.

"Huh?"

"Your endearments. They're confusing me. I really, really like you but you keep toying with me with your name-callings," Iwaizumi sighed.

"Oh~. You should have said something... If you wanna, let me clear your mind," (F/n) said, a sly smirk creeping up her face. She tiptoed and kissed the raven sweetly on the lips. "I really love Iwa-Chan. And I mean every endearments for him," she murmured.

Iwaizumi blushed furiously. "Does that mean..."

"Yeah!"

The duo grinned at each other. "Say... Iwa-Chan?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you know what's my favorite endearment for you?"

"What is it?"

"Mine."

~#~

OMAKE:

"Babe works too as well. And so is my love and --."

"(F/n)?"

"Yeah?"

*Chu*

"Does my (F/n) work?"

O///O