Four Hours Of Silence

Liam is taking me out tonight. We have been on countless dates before but today is our one year anniversary, so he asked me out on a date to celebrate it.

I went downstairs where he was waiting for me. "You ready?" He asked when he saw me and I nodded. He smiled and we went out to his car where he opened the door for me like always, I stopped protesting a long time ago because it is pointless, he always wins.

We drove to the restaurant that just opened. Liam said he made a reservation there. We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant where the host took us to our table and told us our waiter will be with us.

Liam looked at me and held my hand and smiled at me. "Hello, my name is Sophia and I will be your waitress." A female voice said. Liam and I looked up at her and she smiled sweetly at Liam. Okay... "What drink will you be having?" She said drink instead of drinks. Why?

"Please bring us your best bottle of wine. We're celebrating an important day." Liam said. I forgot to mention. Liam went to university to study business, so when he graduated, he opened his own.

"Are you ready to order? Or do you need more time?" She purred, making me raise an eyebrow.

"No. That'll be all for now." He said without looking at her. She huffed and then left. "What do you want to eat?" He asked.

I laughed and looked at him. Oh how I love him. "What do you suggest?" I asked.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I'm just going to get steak." He said. I looked at the menu and told him I'll have ribs. He hummed and nodded.

The wine came and Liam placed in our order. "Anything else?" Sophia asked and Liam said no. Sophia rolled her eyes and stomped away.

We continued to talk about everything that came to mind until our food came. We ate our food while reminiscing about our past. We finished eating and the bill came. Liam paid but took a piece of paper and quickly shoved it in his pocket. We stood up and left but I saw Sophia making a call me gesture and Liam winked and smiled at her.

We walked to the car but on our way there, I stopped by a trashcan and waited for him to throw away the piece of paper. "What? Do you need to throw up or something?" He asked after a while.

I looked at him and let out a laugh. "Unbelievable." I said and then continued to walk to the car. I waited for him to unlock the car before opened it for myself and climbed in. He walked around and climbed in the driver's side.

He started the car and started to drive home. "Are you mad at me?" He asked after an uncomfortable silence enveloped us. I ignored him and he tried again for a few more times before stopping the car and facing me. "What did I do?" He asked and I looked away.

I went to open the door but he locked the car. "You are not going anywhere without telling me what's wrong." He said but I still ignored him.

We sat there for hours before I spoke. "Are you planning to call her?" I looked at him and his eyes widened.

"What no. Look!" He took the piece of paper out of his pocket and ripped it. "I was planning to throw it away as soon as I saw a trashcan. I swear." He said and I laughed at him.

"Really? And why didn't you throw it away when I stopped you?" He gulped and chocked on his words. "Take me home, Liam." I said.

"No! Niall I love you and I'm sorry about that, but I just wanted her to leave us alone. And I'm sorry for not throwing it away. I will make it up to you. I'm sorry I ruined our anniversary. I love you and only you." He said and I looked at him.

"Really? You only love me?" I asked and he confirmed with a kiss.

"Really. I only love you." He said and smiled at me.

We may have sat in this car for FOUR hours in silence, but I'm glad we were able to resolve this before the night is over.