You, Me and the End of the World

You both sat and watched for a while until you became distracted by his incessant giggles that quickly drove you crazy. Edging closer to his torso, you quickly felt the heat of his arms around her neck, not needing to pretend that he had to yawn to pull off the move. You gladly nestled into the fabric of his t-shirt and stayed there, your fingers curdled mindlessly around your mouth as your own grey eyes danced around the screen. "Oh. I was meant to ask you- what did your mum want to see you about?" you spoke quietly, not wanting to distract him too much from the film. He briefly looked down at you, curled into him, and placed a small kiss on the top of your head- you always liked those. "Nothing really, just some stupid prank on the TV." He resumed his interest in the film but, intrigued, you probed further. "A prank? What kind of prank?" At this point, Tal blindly felt around his duvet for the remote control and pressed the pause button. "Sorry..." you said softly as you looked up at him. He laughed, running his fingers through your hair as he stared down at you. He just shook his head and began with his explanation. "It's nothing, some stupid April Fools prank I guess. I mean, they're pretty off with the April part considering it's October but you gotta hand it to them, they even freaked me out for a bit." He stopped to see if you were following him and then continued "Basically, these kids ran around their garden screaming about an apocalypse or something. They said they found some weird hole in the ground and then something tried to grab 'em. They had like bruises and stuff on their arms but I bet they drew them on or something.". He stopped playing with your hair as you propped yourself up a little more so that your head was now resting on his shoulder and not digging into his waist. You crossed your legs as you began to talk "Are you sure you're not getting confused with the thing you reacted to earlier? It sounds like something out of a horror film, so if it's real, I think we're both pretty screwed considering that you flinch at your own shadow" you tried to make light of the story but were quickly silenced when he pulled your head to his and locked you both in a quick kiss.

The door swung open and Adi wandered in again, not quite minding that the two of you were being dorks. "Bro?! Seriously, again?! Knocking is a thing that legit exists." He could hear how impatient his older brother was but Adi just laughed it off. "That wouldn't be as fun though. Anyways, what're you doing? C'mon what's the point in watching a movie if you're not really watching?!" A small grin plastered across his face, the 16 year old jumped on the bed between the pair of you and grabbed at the snacks that had been strewn carelessly across the bed. Shooting Tal a small smirk, you snatched the chips from his hands and scooted backwards so you were supported by the wall. You watched as Tal did the same but being sure to elbow his brother as he did so. "Hey, no need for that. Just having some quality family time" It was then that Adi swung his arms over the two of you and pulled you both closer to him. "I love you guys" You couldn't help but giggle as he locked you in his arm and snuggled close to you, really emphasising the fact that he was annoying Tal and knew it. By this time, your boyfriend had had enough and decided that wrenching his head out of the grip of his brother and shove him in the ribs. "Not funny anymore dude." Releasing you from his hold, Adi slipped off the bed and walk out of the room backwards, holding his hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright. I'm gone! Don't have too much fun kids." With a wink, he had left the room completely. 

"I love you so much" was all that you could say as soon as his brother had left. You were both left in the quiet holding hands, fingers tangled with each other's like before as you scooted closer to him.  Nothing could disturb the peace that you felt then, comforted by the heavy breaths of Tal next to you. "I love you too

As everything fell silent, you felt it then. The harsh stillness of the world as it kept turning but everything in it stopped. You felt the impending darkness creep underneath your skin, a disease that would turn both you and Tal deathly pale. You both looked at each other, not recognising the look of horror in the other's eyes as the black of the apocalypse spread around the room like a moss in between the cracks in the pavement. All you could see was the faint outline of the person beside you but everything else was painted the deepest shade of black. The shadows seemed to dance on the walls in the sea of a twilight, and the monsters under the bed you feared as a child were clawing at the floor and dragging themselves into reality- it was just as murky here.  "Babe?? What's going on? What's happening?" You clung to Tal. 

Everything was doomed.