Ch. 5: Emily Parker

*Jamie's POV*

   I shoved Mike off of me and stood up, bewildered.

  "What-When?-Why did you do that?" I asked frustrated. Mike sighed and looked down at his hands.

   "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable..."

  "Why did you do that?!" I asked again.

  "Because I like you..." he muttered. It was so quiet I could barely hear it, but I did.

  "What!? Since when?" I'm now so confused.

   "Umm, since the X-Factor? That sounds about right," he looked up from his hands. I stared at him, my mouth hanging open as he looked at me with a guilty expression.

   "Look, umm...Mike, I don't know how to  tell you this..." The truth is, I see Mike as my brother. Now, imagine dating your brother, it sounds sooooo wrong, doesn't it? Yeah, that's what is going on in my head right now.

   "Jamie, don't worry. I get it. You just got out of a serious relationship in which the dude was an idiot and cheated on you. You aren't ready to move on and I understand, I really do. But if that's not the only reason, I need you to tell me." His voice was completely calm, like he had been expecting me to reject him. Then again, what else would I do in this situation?

   "Look, Mike...I'm sorry. I only see you as a brother, and I'm imagining me dating Louis right now, and it's really grossing me out...but yeah, I only see you as a close friend..." I feel so mean! Usually I'm the one to be rejected, not the other way around!

   "Jamie, relax. I'm okay with it. I think it was just a little crush anyways, it'll pass. Besides, that was a bad move on my part...sorry..." When he first started apologizing, I thought that it would clear the air and make things less awkward...not exactly.

   "Okay. How do we go about this now?" I asked him, sitting on the edge of the sofa, away from Mike. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and looked down at his hands again.

   "Act like this never happened and go back to being best friends who act like idiots together?" he suggested. I nodded my head, smiling.

   "I'd like that. And again, I'm sorry Mike. I don't want to hurt you." I'm wondering how he's taking it so well, I know I wouldn't, that's for sure.

   "It's fine...I'm going to go now...bye Jamie." Mike stood up and walked off the tour bus. I didn't even realize that we had stopped.

   I sat there, stunned at what just happened. I can't believe that Mike just kissed me. I mean, now it's just going to be really awkward to live on the same tour bus as him. I guess we'll just have to take it as it comes.

*Mike's POV*

   I got off the bus as soon as I could. We were stopped for tonight to change a tire that hit a nail. I knew we wouldn't be here for long but I didn't care, I just needed to get some fresh air to clear my head.

   Why on earth did I do that?! I know that I've liked her for like, ever, but even with that being said, it wasn't a smart move, no matter what. I mean, she just got cheated on, for goodness sakes, Mike! Sometimes I can just be such an idiot! I don't even know what I was trying to accomplish by kissing her, maybe I was trying to see if I felt something? If that was it, I didn't.

   I mean, it's not like she was a bad kisser or anything, but I just didn't feel any sparks that they describe in movies and such. Then again, she didn't even kiss me back, she just pushed me off of her.

  It's not like I don't understand why she pushed me off, I just wish that it had never happened. If I hadn't done it, I could have just avoided all of this embarrassment and awkwardness with her. I think that I just made it to where it would be really awkward to try and live on the same tour bus with her.

   I just started walking down the sidewalk. I looked up to see a small restaurant, almost like a diner,  down the street. I started walking toward it. I got to it and walked in, finding it almost empty. I sat down in a booth, looking around at the red vinyl and silver color scheme to the place. 

   A waitress walked out and came up to me. She had flaming red hair that went great with her black uniform. She had beautiful blue eyes and she had the brightest smile I had ever seen.

   "Hi! I'm Emily, how can I help you?" she beamed at me. Her smile was contagious, I couldn't help it as I smiled back at her.

   "Can I get..." I looked down at the menu, not even reading it. I looked back up at her, "can I ask what's your favorite?" I don't even know where that came from.

   "Well, I personally enjoy the Inter-Galactic Cheeseburger with a chocolate milkshake and fries,"  she pointed it out on the menu. I nodded and looked up at her.

   "I'd like that please." She nodded her head and started writing it down on her little yellow notepad.

   "Okay, that will be out in a few minutes." She smiled again before walking off towards the door marked 'Kitchen'. 

   I sat there for a few minutes before she came back out, a tray balanced on her hand which held a chocolate shake, a huge cheeseburger, and a large amount of fries. She smiled as she placed it down on the table in front of me. I thanked her and started eating my burger. It was sooooo good.

   "Hi, I have your check here." I looked up to see Emily standing there, my check in hand.

   "Thank you. Umm, Emily? Do you think I could get your number?" I asked her. She looked a little shocked for a second before she nodded her head and smiled again. I held out my hand and she wrote her number on it, the pen tickling my hand as she did so. I let out a small giggle, imminently flushing as I did. She looked up at me and she smirked.

   "Did you just giggle?" she asked. I blushed a deeper red before nodding my head again, looking down. She laughed an adorable laugh and finished writing her number. "I don't think I caught your name?" Wait, has she never heard of Chaos?

  "Oh, yeah! Right, that might be important," I chuckled nervously. She nodded and I laughed again. "My name is Mike, Mike Wilcox."

   "The name's Emily, Emily Parker." I laughed with her and put all my trash together.

   "It was nice meeting you, Emily Parker. I'll text you." I waved goodbye before walking out the door with one person on my mind,

  Emily Parker.