-Chapter 12- Old Allies

-Lucy's POV- 

She hasn't been the same ever since the diagnosis. She hasn't had any memory come back. She like a brick wall. I drive over to see her everyday after high school. Sometimes Sage comes along. 

I am currently sitting by my once best friend and wait while she explains her day of getting to know some people. She's trusting me again. That's a sign, right?

"Lucy!" Oh. Whoops.

"Lucy! Oh, wait, that's me." Way to go mouth! "What did you say?"

Abigail slouched, obviously she didn't want to state again, however knowing the new her she'd repeat, "I asked where Gage went."

Gage. Who's that?  Oh! She meant Sage. See here's the funny thing she barely speaks with him.

"His grabbing us dinner remember?" I laughed lightly at this.

"Oh, right." 

Abigail. Please start to remember things again. It's tearing everyone you know apart. Even Mandy. She cut you slack and hasn't said a word since you got back. Thinking of her, where'd she go? I haven't seen her for the passed couple days.

"UGH!" Oops...

"Hi!" I piped innocently.

"I asked what you were thinking.."

Oops. Maybe I should listen more. "Currently? That I should listen more."

*Knock knock*  "It's open," I yelled.

Sage pushed the door open and dropped two bags of McDonald's on the bed. "What'd I miss?" He asked grabbing a seat.

"Me, spacing off from the conversation."

He shot daggers, "well then. He Abb's you've skateboarded lately?" He watched Abigail carefully.

I've heard their lunch scenario while Abigail was in the hospital. Sage and I have gotten to know a lot more about each other. He's sweet and I see them being a perfect couple...if she comes back.  Right now I have no idea.  

Abigail looked up, nodded with a smile. At least she still boards, my closest friend is still there, somewhat.   

Sage handed out the food and we ate I silence. After we were done we all went to the living room and put on a comedy. This Abigail, the one I'm starting to figure out loves comedy. We all sat cozy on the sofa and large recliner. Ice cream and jokes throughout the night.

So this was life. Abigail hesitant about everything. Sage slowly losing hope, and me, the one trying to keep it all together.

I snapped out of my thoughts with a snap in front of my eyes. "I'm sorry what?" I asked. I zone out a lot. I looked at Sage with wide eyes. Hoping he'd repeat what he had just said.

He and Abigail laughed and Sage repeated, "Are you okay? You keep zoning out of it."  I shook my head enthusiastically. However, deep down I knew I was broken. I was breaking grasping the fact things will never be the same. And they haven't. Things haven't been the same since she met Sage. He's a popular. And he still stays around us. Well the new Abigail and I.

I hope she remembers everything. Because I don't know how much longer I can do the "I'm strong" facade.

"Hey Abigail, how are you the 'ohams going?" I ask her, 'ohams what we call the foster family.  I explained what is meant to her a few days ago. 

"Great, Zee and I play uno every now and then and Carter seems nice. I haven't seen Michelle much, though." That's strange.  Michelle would always drink and keep Abbs out of the house as much as possible.  Zee and her have always been good though.  Carter on the other hand, he would always be at work. I wonder what's so different. 

"LUCY" 

"Lucy! Oh, wait that's me..." I pucker my lips stupid brain.  I look over at Sage who yelled my name him and Abigail were laughing again.  Well at least that never changed.  

"Can you resume the movie, dork?" Sage asked

"Totes!"  I resume the move The House, eating popcorn.  

The last I remembered was Abigail sound asleep and Sage engrossed to the movie as I feel asleep to thoughts that swarmed my mind.

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹🔷

VOTE, COMMENT, RATE
-Kalla😊. Bye!