Bus Mate

I finally got into the bus and went on finding a seat. Hope was by my side as I found a vacant seat, with a brown-haired girl by the windows. She turned her head by my appearance and smiled at me, I returned the smile— I am internally screaming for me smiling back. "Oh, you must be a new student, are you? Well, my name's Ryna." Said the girl, reaching out her hand for a handshake.

" Said the girl, reaching out her hand for a handshake

I have to admit, she's nice. She has a stunning hazel hair, in my perspective, she looked like one of the popular kids. For a reason, she seemed to be a stylish or a fashionista, aaah! While I am just next to her, a skinny girl that is wearing boring clothes.

I hesitated to shake hands with her. "My na-name is E-Emma and y-yes, you're right! I a-am the n-new student." I retorted, stuttered words leaving me and caught myself wearing an odd smile. Jeez, Emma, act normal!

After my introduction, she laughed softly. "Ahaha! Don't be scared of me, I don't bite and not one of them." The statement reassured me as I steadied myself to calm down. She looked like an angel that came down from the heavens, the atmosphere around her is speechless.

"Hey Ryna! Who's that new friend of yours?" Both of us turned around to see her.

"Oh, Angeline! She's my new friend, Emma. Isn't she adorable?" Ryna softly introduced me to her, I was afraid to say that I'm not adorable in front of her.

I felt the bus stop as the tire might have gone flat, but it seemed like nobody cared.

She glared at me, top to bottom, raising a brow. "I'd say, she's pretty ugly and she dresses up like a geek, ahahahah!" Exclaimed Angeline with a rude girl accent, I just realized that everyone was staring at us.

I couldn't say a word, I bit my lower lip. I felt weak after she said that. Even if I'm used to being called such names, I could feel anger boiling but the words were stuck in my throat, there was nothing I could do.

My blue eyes looked up to see Ryna stood up in front of Angeline, she rose an eyebrow, moving her hands on her hips. I do hope that this is not going to be an argument.

"For your information, she's not ugly. I guess you're the one who's ugly. Witch face, you have an ugly personality for being JUDGMENTAL!" Ryna yelled, the other seemed taken aback once Ryna smiled.

"Screw you and your weak PROTESTS—" Before she could slap my friend, I took hold of her wrist and tightened my grip around it, I couldn't bear to watch a fight anymore.

"Hey, let go- that hurts!" Angeline cried out and trying to let go.

"Don't. call. me. that. ever. AGAIN." I spoke in a serious tone, throwing her wrist to the ground as I let go of it.

Angeline took a quick glance at her wrist then at me, flipping her hair as she made her way back to her seat.

"Thank you, Emma.." Ryna thanked me, along with a warm smile that also warmed my heart. We could feel the bus starting the engine as it started to go.