Chapter 5: frère et soeur

"Oh my god, your real!" i reached out to touch her face. I was so glad i wasnt going crazy.

" why wouldn't i be real?" Summer said as she wrapped her arms around me. I let her in the house. I couldnt take my eyes off of her. I feared that if i did she would disappear and i would never get my answers. As Summer sat down i could tell she had something on her mind that was bothering her.

"What's wrong?" i asked as i started to put my clothes on.

She bit her lips as she tried to put her words in order. "Leela.. Your in danger!"

"No shit, i been attacked by a boy from my school twice!" I could tell by the look on her face that there was more she wanted to tell me. I looked around and whispered. "I know hes a werewolf."

She looked shocked as she shook her head no. "Im so sorry Leela." she grabbed my hand tightly. "Its all my fault." she got up and started pacing around my room. "I shouldnt have been out there. I should have listen to taylor. You have to stay out of the woods!" the more emotional she got the more books started to fly off the shelves. Anything that wasnt nailed down started to float.

"Summer.." i said as i walked over to her slowly. I reached out to her to knock her out of whatever trance she was in. "Its not your fault. Look im ok."

She looked at me. "Please dont go to school today." she started to walk out of my room. I followed her out of the house, begging her to stay and talk to me. She stopped walking and turned to me. "Whatever you do, just dont go to school today." Summer snapped her fingers and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

As the smoke cleared, Jessica pulled into my drive way. "You ready?"

I thought about Summer's warning. "Im going to stay home today. I uh.. Dont feel good."

I could see the anger on Jessica's face, "really Leela? You got all dressed up just to stay home? You been acting weird lately and until you get your priorities straight i dont think we can be friends anymore!"

"Jesse, its not like that! Its just.."

"Its just what? Because from here it seems like you would rather hang out with anyone but me!"

I really wish i could tell jessica the truth but i knew she would never believe me. "Im sorry"

"Yeah i bet" jessica said as she pulled away. I wanted to run after her i wanted to tell her the truth. Zach being a werewolf, Summer having magical powers or whatever and Taylor. Taylor is connected to this some way i just have to figure out how.

Going against Summer's warning i started to make my way to school. I had to talk to taylor she is the only person who could truly help me right now.

As i walked to school i saw Zach in an alley talking to some random stranger. When he looked up and saw me, he turned his back and continued to whisper to the stranger. I strained to hear what he was saying but Zach was too far away. I have to be careful around Zach today. Summer sounded so scared.

When i arrived to school, i went straight to my locker. Jessica was there surrounded by the Honey and her Bees aka the popular girls.

As i got my books out of my locker Jessica walked over to me. "Guess your not sick after all."

"Look Jesse-" i started to apologize but she cut me off.

"No need," she said as she started to walk away. "Oh and you dropped something." before i could ask what, Jessica knocked my books and papers out of my hand. She walked away laughing along with Honey and the Bees.

I bent down to pick up my belongings. "Rough day?" I looked up to see Taylor standing over me. She helped me pick up my papers.

I smiled at her "You always have the perfect timing."

She smiled back at me showing her pearly white teeth. "I'll let you in on a little secret... Im batman." i laughed playfully shoving her.

"Taylor, can we talk?.." i asked nerously.

"I thought we already were." she said with a smirk.

"No im being serious." i said as Zach walked pasted us.

Her face turned straight and serious. "No not here but i promise we will." she walked off as the bell rung to go to first period.

In class Taylor didnt say a word to me, Zach eyes were burning into the side of my head as he stared at me the entire time, and Jessica continued to laugh loudly making sure i knew she was having a good time without me. All in all first period sucked. When the bell rung to dismiss us, i damn near fly to the door. Believe it or not i couldnt wait to go to p.e.

I ran to my locker to put my books away but i noticed the lock was gone. When i opened my locked all of my things were tossed around but i did not notice anything missing.

I sprinted to the gym which was all the way across the school. I was always late but the coach never seem to mind because i, unlike most of the students actually dressed out. By the time i made it to the girls locker room, the last girl was walking out.

I took my time getting dress to make sure i missed the workout. I made my way to the back of the locker room to the mirrors so i could put my hair into a bun. As i finished i stared at myself. My hair looked good for a quick bun. I started to turn around when something in the mirror caught my eye. Within a matter of seconds i heard loud, fast stomping. Zach in his beast form was running toward me. I ran left trying to escape. But Zach was much faster. He jumped on top of the lockers and ran toward me. He slipped on his on toes trying to stay on top of the thin lockers giving me enough time to run and hide in the showers.

"Leelaaa" zach singed my name with a hint of a laugh. "I can sense your fear. It lingers in the air." i can hear him walking past the lockers. I saw his huge paws walk past the showers. I held my breath as if that would stop him from finding me.

I heard the shower curtain move and i closed my eyes. My time has come. "We have to go!" i opened eyes to see Taylor extending her hand out to me. I got up and hugged. I started crying in her arms. She wiped away my tears. "Shhh! He will hear you." she lefted me up and carried me out of the shower. Zach stepped out from the corner and stared at us. "sœur!"

Taylor put me down and stood in front of me. Her legs and arms started stretch out, her face extended, and her clothes started to tear as her body completely covered itself in brown fur. "frère"