Part Two: Things Are Just Getting Started

Her grandmother had died so long ago it felt, how could she have written a book? Elena gripped the book so tight that her knuckles began to pale and fade into an unnatural white. The worn book was so mysterious Elena just had to know more. She flipped through the pages, it didn't look like a book-more of a list that was filled with gibberish and jumbled notes."What on earth?Thi-"Elena began"Dang it!You weren't supposed to find that so soon!"her father came bounding into her room expressing mock anger, he was so laid back that he never really got frustrated.

 "W-what...is this?"Elena mumbled. "I should've known that you would  catch on so quickly, that's your good ol' G-ma's book," Her dad eyed her as if trying to see if she was okay, his face looked so disappointed, like she just ruined a huge surprise. "Why is it titled that, Dad?"Elena quickly questioned. "Oh uh...um.." "Dad?" "You're not....ready..yet," he simply stated. "Uh-huh,"Elena sarcastically retorted,"So you're definitely hiding something." "You're not mad, right? You understand right, E-Ellie?" he only pulled that nickname out as a last resort, he was totally panicking. "Sorry, you're "not ready" for that answer," Elena calmly said. Her dad shifted his weight back and forth. "Hey dad, don't chiropractors get payed more than doctors around here?"she teased,"N-n-no way, really!?" "Yeah, and that college isn't really all that close, huh?"she continued."You are WAY too smart, Elena," he sighed. She got him, yes! He was going to spill the beans right now! "I don't know...just believe me okay? Oh, and don't freak out either," he cautioned. "I promise," Elena passed her dad the book, when he got it he gazed at it like it was so familiar to him-sentimental almost. "Man, I don't know where to start..." "At the beginning?" Elena giggled at her comeback. Her dad chuckled too, nailed it."Yeah,okay. Your grandma was um...kind of..uh..jeez, like a....mage? Like a hardcore witch, dude. She wanted to tell you earlier in person but she-you know, died and all. Oh, your mother was a magical warrior, and your uncle married a water nymph..jeez that was such an awkward wedding,"he seemed so nervous. Elena just glared-that was such a lie! She dropped her gaze to the ground, did she not trust her own father? She frowned and hugged herself but then she felt a hand hold her shoulder, "It's true-I swear..I'll just let you sleep, it's been a long day. Just let it sink in for now, I'll show you more proof tomorrow"her dad concluded. Elena quickly nodded her head and let her face present a sympathetic smile. 

The next morning Elena woke up with a start, her front door kept opening and closing. People were bustling in and out of her house. For a second she thought she was being robbed or something before she realized it was just the movers. Since there was other people around she couldn't talk to her dad about that crazy stuff he said the day before. She groggily stretched and shuffled out of bed. Around her room she found some of her old furniture, it certainly made her feel more at home. "She's alive!" her dad's familiar voice boomed upon seeing her. Elena laughed and began hurrying down the stairs to help out the movers. After a good two hours the house was pretty much set ,Elena and her dad had collapsed onto the couch. "Can we talk about-"Elena started only to be cut off,"Sure!You don't know how glad I am that you didn't just break down or something!" Elena's dad finished before she could end her question. "Thanks," Elena sighed. She wasn't sure if this was all true or not but she was positive that she would support her dad, no matter what. Elena was ready for anything!