Part Twenty Nine: Plans

Everybody shuffled out of the palace in silence, Evelyn didn't stop crying the entire time. They all left to go back to the cottage. Cole let everyone ride him while he was in dragon form.

Once they arrived back home everyone sat at the dining table. "I think we should talk about what to do next. Should we tell the royal guard about Azmend or even tell them Karzen's backstory?" Cole pondered aloud. Elena agreed, "We have to do something. This isn't fair and I'm positive that my parents wouldn't let this slip past them." Monica sighed, "Look where that got them, Elena. They're both dead. I'm supposed to protect you! If you tell his information the Dragon Resistance will kill you for sure! They were already trying to hunt you down, for Pete's sake they kidnapped you!"

Evelyn was sobbing so hard that she struggled to breathe, Cole walked over to her. He knelt down in front of her and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "Please, you need to calm down. There's not much we can do right now but I need you to understand that we're trying. We need your help." Evelyn wiped her face sloppily and nodded. "Okay, let's start..." Evelyn weakly responded.

"Karzen told us to keep Azmend a secret but Azmend is the reason Karzen's in this situation in the first place. We're not sure if  revealing Azmend will protect Karzen or if they'll both get in trouble. It's either Karzen dies, Karzen and Azmend die, or only Azmend dies." Elena stated. Cole sighed and got back into his original seat, "Isn't there another way? Enough people have died already..." Monica huffed, "WELL IT'S NOT LIKE THERE'S ANYTHING WE CAN DO! THEY'RE COLD BLOODED MURDERERS ANYWAY! ALL DRAGONS DO IS KILL!" 

Cole guiltily gazed at the floor and Elena quickly noticed, "Th-that's not true. Karzen was only trying to protect the forest creatures and Azmend was just scared. Cole isn't like them though..." she concluded. Evelyn agreed, "Dragons are just misunderstood and because of that they're feared." Cole said, "No, she's right. Dragons crave power and destroy anything in their path to get it...even family." Monica covered her mouth, "S-sorry...what do you mean 'family'?"

He perked up, "O-Oh nothing..." Elena sighed, "Cole, after we settle all of this you have some serious explaining to do." Evelyn pondered all of this, "Maybe we should just talk to the King. He's very understanding so I'm sure he'll help us."

Monica facepalmed, "YOU IDIOT! HE'S THE ONE BEHIND THE EXECUTION IN THE FIRST PLACE! THAT WAS HIS DECISION!" Evelyn sunk in her seat, "O-o-okay, s-sor-sorry!"

Overall, nobody had a clue as to what to do and I'm a lazy author. In the next chapter I'll definitely make a decision! Please comment or find a way to tell me what you want to happen next!