Daddy Issues

Dinah watched apprehensively as Lauren and Camila's faces ranged in different emotions, (surprise, confusion, nervous) before settling at anger. She had just told them what happened at the mall, after sending the girls to their rooms for the time being.

She sat on the recliner, while the couple sat opposite her on their couch, absorbing the news.

Lauren took in a deep breath before standing up and running a hand through her hair. Her jaw twitched as she tried to hold in her emotions. Stepping around the coffee table, she began to pace as Camila and Dinah shared nervous glances at each other and the brunette.

"Laur--"

Lauren abruptly turned to look at the sitting blonde, her green eyes lit up with an angry fire as she interrupted her wife. "What happened?"

Dinah cleared her throat and inhaled slowly before explaining. "Well uh, me and the girls were getting ice cream, and Lia had some smeared all over her face, it was real cute too, I got some pictures!"

She laughed nervously, pulling her phone out in attempt to calm the angry mother of two. At the glare she received, she slowly lowered her iPhone and nodded, continuing.

"Uh, right. I'll show you later. I sent Harper to get wet paper towels from the bathroom and when I was tryna' clean your kid he came up to us and was like, 'Dinah Jane?'" She dropped her voice an octave lower to imitate him, glancing at Camila but only receiving an unamused eyebrow raise. "Uh, then I stood up and glared at him and he was tryna' be polite or whatever, and gave me and Amelia a smile and asked if she was my daughter."

Lauren let out a loud snort at that, turning to look at her sighing wife. "Yeah, sure. As if she looks nothing like me or Camz." She took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself after receiving a look from Camila to do so.

"Continue."

Dinah chewed on her bottom lip. "I told him that no, she's not mine. And I kinda laughed when I said it but like in a 'are you serious' way, and told him she was his granddaughter, and he looked shocked but then Harper came back, sounding and looking exactly like you, Lauser, and he was stunned and frozen so I picked Lia up, looked at him and said "I hope you know what you're missing out on, Papa J", and walked away." She shrugged, rubbing her palms on her jeans and glancing nervously at Lauren.

Lauren stayed silent for a minute, closing her eyes and shaking her head before moving towards the kitchen. "I need to call my mother."

The two remaining girls stayed silent, Dinah chewing on her bottom lip as she glanced apprehensively at Camila. "Is she..."

"I don't know." Camila sighed worriedly. She felt almost as angry and agitated as Lauren, and even a bit nauseous, too. She had no idea how this would affect her family; mostly Lauren. Her wife didn't deserve this stress right now.

"Should I go? I don't want to intrude on anything," Dinah mumbled, slowly standing up from her seat, wiping her clammy hands again on her pants.

Camila stood as well, glancing at the kitchen where she could hear Lauren talking with Clara. "I'm not sure. Maybe it's best if you went up and kept the girls busy for a bit. I think I'm going to call Chris and Taylor." She ran a hand through her hair, letting out a slow breath. "Or," she paused, eyebrows furrowing. "take the girls out for dinner. Yeah. That's better. I didn't make anything and I doubt Lauren will want to eat."

Dinah nodded eagerly, moving to the stairs and taking them two at a time.

Once the blonde was upstairs, Camila sighed and followed her wife into the kitchen.

xxxxxxx

"Mani - I'm going to go take a hot bath before the movie. My back is killing me." Ally let out a small groan as she forced herself off the couch with her wife's help. Giving her an appreciative smile and a grateful kiss, she began to waddle towards their bedroom.