Chapter 1

(Edited)

---

Adorned in a beautiful red gown that is off-the-shoulder, with long sleeves and detailed with black lace. A deep v-neck leaves little to the imagination, showing slightly more cleavage than I've ever been comfortable with. It's tight bodice forms to my figure perfectly, and the shirk flares at the waist, flowing all the way down to brush the floor. My blonde hair is partially pinned back, and my grey eyes are lined in black kohl making them seem more intense than their usual dull, ashy shade.

As usual, I'm sitting at an elegant dining table that easily could seat a hundred people. On the table, there is an assortment of all the drinks, food, and desserts I could ever imagine. The room I was seated in was just beautiful, but in a dark, gothic way. Candles lit everywhere around me, leaving a dark looming shadow throughout the whole room. The table was covered in a black lace tablecloth, hanging ever so slightly over the ends of the table.

Across from me sits the masculine figure whose eyes were the only feature I could ever make out. They don't bother me anymore, not as much as they used to. I've long since gotten used to their unusual shade.

"How was your day, darling?" He asked in his perfect, deep, velvet voice. The monotone that used to frighten me, now only gives me immense comfort, if only because of its familiarity.

"Good," I responded shortly, not knowing what else to say and refusing to look him in the eye.

It was a lie. My days were never good. Far from it actually, and something told me that he knew it.

Instead of responding, he rose from his seat and walked towards me. His posture straight and confident. Although I couldn't see his face, I knew he was handsome. It was how I'd imagined him to be. He seemed to know it too if his confidence was anything to go off of.

He made his way around the table until he was standing next to my chair. Taking my left hand in his right one, he made me stand, turning me so I that I faced him. He then took my face, cradling it in his hands and making me look into his red, blood-like eyes. Over time I'd begun to admire his eyes. Every time he looked at me they seemed to always soften. They're not terrifying when they look at me, for it was the only time they showed the slightest bit of compassion.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked me softly. Those piercing red eyes staring into my soul.

"Even if I tell you, what can you do? You're not even real," I whispered sadly, blinking back the tears that threatened to escape. He couldn't do anything. He's not even real. He's just someone I made up. To comfort me, to help me, to care for me. A fragment of a dream that didn't follow me back to my exhausting, real life.

I don't have anyone. My parents disowned me, and I don't have any siblings or relatives. I don't have time to form relationships with anyone, friendships or otherwise. For in my loneliness, I had only him.

He glances at my lips, then into my eyes, then back to my lips. "Since you think I'm just a dream, let me show you that I am, indeed real." He said with an edge to his usually blank tone, and with that he leaned forward, his red eyes closing.

And then his soft, smooth lips captured mine.

Greedily, I kissed him back. My eyes fluttered closed and my lips started moving in sync with his. It was a kiss full of promises, sweet and soft. It was a comforting kiss, telling me that he was with me, for me.

What I couldn't see through the shadow that covered him, I could feel. Be it the fullness of his lips, or silky smoothness of his jaw as I clutched it to stay steady on my weak knees. My head tilted back as he leaned over me because of his impressive height. His arms around me tightened, keeping me in his embrace. Preventing me from escaping, not that I was trying to escape anyway.

After some time, he pulled away from the kiss. I stared into his eyes, then touched my lips, breathless. A blush began creeping its way up my neck and onto my face, and I turned away from him to hide it. I could never get enough of his kisses. They're so addictive. Every time he kisses me it's always like it was the first time; burning and sweet.

He looked at me in the eyes and leaned forward, whispering into my ear, "In due time, I'll come for you, darling." His soft voice tickling my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

With those departing words, the world began to fade. Before I had the chance to call out to him, everything had started becoming swallowed by the darkness I loathed.

With a gasp,I woke with a start.

---

Editor's note: Salut, c'est moi. I'm back, republishing the same chapter again. And again and again and again and... is anyone else as impressed as I am with that sick beat? No? Fine.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled author's note...

Here you have it guys, the first chapter. Please vote. I would really really really appreciate it. The more people that vote, the happier I am to update. And also the sooner I will update. Please remember to,

Vote

Comment

Follow

Xoxo vampirina249

Editing done by sammiebear000