Chapter 2: A Disobedient Maou

"So I have summoned some monsters, what do the other Maou typically do past this point?" I say pointing my attention back towards Gero.

gero "Typically they send out parties of their monsters to hunt demons, absorbing them after they become strong enough"

So there are demons out there I don't control? Man the Maou sure seems to get a bad rap for a lot of nothing, all I can do is power up like the Yuusha it seems.

"I can absorb the monsters back into me? Can I absorb other demons as well?"

I don't really like the idea of absorbing monsters, but I am in a bit of a bind if that Yuusha fights me right now since I am at 80% strength.

gero gero gero "There are no recorded incidents of other Maou having been able to do so in the past"

This time when Gero responds his head cocks and twitches once.

"So the Maou typically levels by making an army of demons gain experience, then absorbs their power after they level up? The Yuusha on the other hand gets a few select allies and levels up by himself with those allies? It really does seem to follow typical RPGs." I respond, half talking to myself.

Man I really hope I am not one of those bosses that has three transformations. I can't even cope with protruding horns, how in the world could I handle turning into a giant bat thing?!

gero gero ge...ko "Two Maou have used terms such as those in the past, would you like me to apply the knowledge I received about those terms to my explanations?" Gero says... He freaks me out when he is thinking.

It seems some of the other Maou also come from my world... or maybe just similar worlds. Oh well if you got something might as well use it.

"Please do" I respond

I can't figure out if he feels futuristic or ancient. He reminds me of a robot, but he gives off a steam-punk vibe.

gero "The Yuusha gains levels slowly by forming parties and going on quest for gear, whilst the Maou gains levels quickly by sending out armies to grind, taking the gear off of adventurers and bandits they kill! Obviously I am going to win! " Gero says in what is obviously not his voice, but that of an 18 year old guy.

"This was the statement after the explanation about absorbing demons, from the 8thMaou" Gero finishes in his own voice.

"How often have the Maou won in the past?" I ask out of curiosity of the man's fate.

gero gero gero "There are no recorded incidents of other Maou having been able to do so in the past"

... Well I guess I know how that guy's plan went.

"In that case how many Maou have attempted to level up like the Yuusha does?" I continue

gero gero gero "There are no recorded incidents of other Maou having been able to do so in the past" Gero responds...

He seems to like that phrase.

"In that case I know what my plan is" I say as I stand again

"We will happily be absorbed to assist your reign Maou-sama!" Bik says as he bows, followed by the other two who seem less noble in the way they bow.

What happened to him? A couple minutes ago he was acting like he couldn't care less. All of a sudden he is acting like a loyal vassal.

"No, you don't need to worry about that... I am not actually fond of the idea of absorbing any of you. Hey Gero where are some gear for me and the imps?"