Chapter Two

"I... I'm your son."

Your anger dissipated instantaneously.

"What?" You were so surprised, you weren't sure if you had heard him correctly. When he repeated his exact words, you gulped audibly, taking a deep breath to try and calm down your heart beat. He looked at you with guilty eyes, and you wondered if Castiel had set him up to do this.

You could feel your mouth twitching into a scowl. "Did Castiel send you here?" You asked, your voice low. You saw the boy nod hesitantly. "What's your name?" You asked, careful to try and not scare the boy.

"Duriel," He said. You felt a bitter taste arrive in your mouth. You had only just casually mentioned baby names to Castiel, and the sound of the name he had chosen was just like him.

"Let me guess... Castiel named you?" You asked, receiving yet another nod. You rolled your eyes. You saw him open his mouth to say something, but halted himself. Smart move. You paused for a moment, trying to create a plan of action. If, and that was a big if, Duriel was telling the truth, that meant that your son had survived, and that there were people out there trying to overthrow your reign.

There was one question that lurked in your mind, one that you couldn't shake off no matter how hard you tried. How? How did your son survive? You needed answers, and you weren't about to wait.

"Can you take me to Castiel?" You asked the boy, who gulped. "Well?!" He nodded quickly and you smirked, ambling towards him. There was a fear in his eyes, and while you thought you loved to see people so submissive, there was something different here. A sense that you didn't want to make this one scared, that you needed to protect him, not frighten him.

You shook it off. This was strictly business. You grabbed a hold of Duriel's arm.

"Where is he?" You demanded.

"Austin, Texas," Duriel replied. You raised an eyebrow by didn't question him, instead tightening your grip on his arm and soon transporting you both to Austin. You had landed in an abandoned parking lot, a lone figure standing by the edge. You already knew who it was, the telltale trench coat fluttering in the wind.

"Castiel!" You called to him. He turned around and you forced yourself not to smile, not having seen those beautiful blue orbs in so long.

You attempted walking towards him, but didn't even get one foot when you were suddenly stopped by an invisible force. You looked down to see a Devil's Trap painted in red spray paint. You growled.

"You're a full demon now. No escaping," Castiel said, walking towards you. By now Duriel had stepped out of the circle, avoiding eye contact with you. You sighed as you backed away slightly from the edge.

"What's all this for? I mean you no harm..." You asked, raising an eyebrow. Castiel smiled a little.

"I wanted to talk. And I needed a way to make sure you wouldn't attack me," He replied. You shrugged. Yeah, you definitely weren't the most trustworthy nowadays. You looked at Duriel once more.

"Are you sure this is him?" You asked. Castiel nodded. "H-how... How did he survive?" Castiel glanced at Duriel.

"Not important. We need to talk about your kingdom," He avoided the question, instead directing your attention to more serious matters. But the question still hid in the back of your brain.

"Ah, yes. Seditio. The group that plans to overthrow my reign. Tell me again, why are you concerned with the affairs of hell?" You asked, slight venom in your voice. Castiel bit his bottom lip.

"I know it's none of my business. In fact, heaven strongly advised I don't get involved with your problems. But I have a way to help, and you by all means don't have to let me help you," Castiel explained. "But I wanted to at least warn you."

You looked at his with scepticism, wondering if these were his true intentions. You couldn't see behind those blue orbs, blue orbs that looked like they had seen too much for a lifetime. You looked down at the Devil's Trap that encircled you.

"You can help. But just so you know, I will slit your throat if you're lying," You said. "Can you let me out now?" Castiel nodded and scratched the paint with his foot, freeing you. You gladly smiled and stepped out.

"Where do we begin?"

A/N I am so sorry it's taken so long to get the second chapter up. I just needed time to make this perfect. Also, these chapters are really boring, but that's only because it's setting up the plot. It will get better!

~Sofaloofa