Chapter 1 (im bad at titles..)

"G, this isn't working!" You wined at your best friend across the table, "I can't do this, it's too hard."

He started to laugh at you, putting the textbook that he was using to quiz you down. "Come on kitten, sure you can. If I know you, and I do, you're gunna ace this."

You looked up at him, pouting. He had that annoying smirk plastered on his face. You could feel the blood rush to your cheeks as you sighed and put your head back in your hands.

Yes. You had a huge crush on this jerk, and to make matters worse, he flirted with you and teased you all the time. The other thing was that you two were roommates, yes, you shared a house. The place used to be crowded. After you're younger sibling, Frisk, had broken the barrier, you guys had lived with Toriel, Asgore, Undyne, Alphys and Papyrus for a while. But the others had moved out, Alphys and Undyne had gotten their own apartment across the street. Papyrus had wanted to start his own pasta restaurant and he had his own house in his restaurant (which was doing surprisingly well...). Toriel and Asgore had finally made up, and got their own house on the outskirts of town. They had adopted both of you, but you opted to stay in town, you we're closer to collage and your jobs. Yes, you worked two jobs on top of your collage work, but you loved being busy, really, it took your mind off... Other things. Lets just say there was a reason you convinced Frisk to run away all those years ago. You working two jobs really helped out on the income, seeing that G didn't have a job. You still had no idea how he paid half the rent, you would have to look into that.

Anyway, it was nearing the end of the year and you had finals coming up. Luckily, your boss let you take off until the end of the school year, (you had the feeling she felt responsible for you on some level). The bad news was that none of your friends were on the same level as you (you were a year ahead), so you had enlisted Sans, (or G, or Gaster!Sans, whatever you wanted to call him) to help you study.

"Come on Sweetheart, focus," He said, snapping you back to reality. You looked back up at him, resting your chin on your hands as he started to quiz you for the tenth time. You hated to admit it but you loved these moments. He was really cute when he focused on something, which wasn't very often. His eyes lit up a bit, even though he kept him laid-back posture. Plus, he didn't smoke, which was always good. You had tried to get him to stop smoking, which had partially worked. He ate pocky during the day, but at night he went back to the bad habit, he said it was to pick up babes you shook your head, nope, nope nope nope, don't thing about it, just move on. Shoot, you realized he was staring at you, well duh, you'd stop answering question since you had drifted off. Again. This was becoming a really bad habit.

"Sorry, sorry. I just can't focus. I guess I'm too tired," you lied, but it was only a half lie, you were pretty tired. He sighed and laughed, earning a pout from you.

"Then I guess you should get some rest. I'm gunna go out if that's ok with you." You sighed and nodded, feeling a new crack forming on your soul. How long would this go on before you broke? Ohhhh yeahh, The other thing was his nightly outings were literally breaking you apart. From your studies of Souls, you understood why pretty well. The souls is closely connected to the heart, when someone is wounded emotionally, then their soul breaks. When broken into small enough shards, it disappears. Yep. Gone. And so does the being containing the soul.

You got up from the table, dragging the textbook along with you as you made your way towards your room. You swung open the door to reveal your messy room, it was filled with different inventions and mechanical parts. You were somewhat of a rocket scientist. In the middle of the clutter was your bed, unmade, as usual. Your textbook slipped out of your hands onto the floor as you flopped down and drifted off to sleep.