The Side Of Him 24

today I got a new job here in New York and I was ready for it I got dressed and put on my work clothes and threw my hair up in a curly ponytail I headed out the door.

Once I pulled up and walked inside

I saw...........

Chresanto. What was he doing here in New York? Don't tell me he works here now or trying to work here everything was going just fine now that he is here he going to be on my mind all day. I tried speed walking fast as I could but chres recognized my face. "Liyah."

"Oh.... u-um y-y-yes chres?" Once I said his name he immediately got angry and started to head to his office. I followed him. "Let me explain please." He stopped. "Why Liyah? Where were you when I needed you When ray was in jail almost a damn year? He almost tried to kill himself every night." I was quiet. "You know what liyah get the fuck out my face you're the last person I wanted to see." With that said I left him alone he had every reason to be mad. But then again he doesn't see that I was trying to get away from that horrible place and leave them bad memories behind I wanted to start over.

I got a knock on my door. "Mrs. Aiko?" the lady said. "Yes?" I said while she was still holding my door open. "Come on we got a meeting to do now let's go." With that said I followed behind her I was nervous to be in the same room with chres after that small argument it was hard trying to keep my eyes off him. "Ok so today we are working on a new design please choose a partner to work with just to get an idea once you get your partner then I'll finish off from here." people were walking around it felt like high school again i'm always the loner who doesn't gets a partner and ends up working with some weird person or working by myself. Surprisingly chres walked up to me. "Lets be partners till this is over i'm not talking to you no more." He said still angry. I just nodded and looked the other way I just wanted to go home and sleep. From the looks of it chres could tell I wanted to cry but he still didn't care I guess he want me to suffer like he did 2 years ago.

It was now 10:09 PM at night and I still didn't get a reply from her. she probably is busy I should've taken my own car. I walked into the elevator in pressed "1" chres was just walking in it almost closed I hold it open for him then he walked in I moved away from it and just stood there till the elevator stopped at one.

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

The doors opened we both tried to get out at the same time. "No you can go first." chres walked out I headed out the door and started walking because I didn't bring my car gosh i'm so stupid and it was freezing cold.

Why is Liyah walking? Chres thought to himself now this is serious I can't let her walk she can get raped or kidnapped I drove up to her she looked scared at first. "Liyah get in the car." She shook her head no. "I know your wife is waiting for you just go home." He was getting irritated. "Liyah flores aiko if you do not get in this car." She huff and puffed and got in. She laid her head on the door and drifted off to sleep I notice it was dried up tears on her face. Why does she do this to me. We were finally at her house I tapped her. Liyah woke up. "Goodnight." She said to me getting out the car. I got out the car "Liyah what time you want to work on this design?" she shrugged her shoulders. "It doesn't matter." chres spoke. "It does matter I have a child that I gotta watch over. How about 5:30 PM?" She nodded. "Sure." All I saw was sadness and guilt in her eyes I couldn't see her no more so I just went home.

Next Morning:

I woke up to get dress for today Bre came in my room. "Liyah i'm sorry for yesterday something came up at work." I shrugged it off. "No need to apologize but have a nice day at work." She came and hugged me tight I hugged her back. "Same-" I cut her off. "I have a day off." I giggled. "Lucky ass." she said walking away. After that I got in the shower and threw on some clothes and put my hair in a ponytail I really didn't care how I looked I just wanted this day to be over. I popped in a movie till 5:30 came around.

_____________________________________

There was knocking at my door I looked out the hole it was chres. I opened the door and let him in. It was awkward to have him around again. "Hi." I said to him but he ignored it he just cut to the situation. He sat on the couch I sat very far away from him. "So what do you wanna do for this design?" I got to talking. "Well I was thinking of something very vintage with cheetah or flowers." He nodded. "Nah I don't agree it's to girly how about something that has spikes or something punk rockish." I nodded my head. "That will work I guess." I said holding my head down. It was complete silence. I notice he was drawing it was amazing he held it up. "How is this?" I smiled a little. "It's great." He got up. "Well are job is done. I'll take it from here." He tried walking out the door but I grab his arm. "Please don't ignore me." He tried to fight me off of him. "Liyah please let me go." I didn't. "THE ONLY REASON I LEFT BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS NOT GOING OK. RAY WAS GOING TO JAIL I COULDN'T SEE THAT AND ALSO I JUST WANTED TO LEAVE THE BAD MEMORIES AND MAKE NEW ONES I JUST WANTED TO START OVER. IT'S NOT EASY TO NOT SEE YOUR FAMILY ALL THE TIME."

I let him go and cried he pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry liyah I was being stupid and not realizing you were hurt the most. It hurt me to knowing that you just left I thought I wasn't going to see you no more." He pulled away and wiped my tears. "God only knows how much I missed you." I giggled he sat back down once again I sat very far away from him. "Can you not sit so far?" I got and sat next to him. "Better." he said I started asking a question. "So how old is your son?" he smiled. "He is one he will be 2 in November which is right around the corner." I giggled. "Aw... that is nice." He nodded. "So where is the second ray ray at?" I laughed knowing he was talking about Bre. "She's at work why?" Chres cheesed at me. "Because he is here to see her."

I grew excited. "We gotta surprise her." I said. "Starting tomorrow." Roc said.

How was this?

Please vote and comment 😙