Makoto x Reader

Title: Nothing to Fear

'Cause Makoto seems like a nice guy who'll dissolve all your fears away and make everything alright.
P.S Free! Iwatobi Swim Club does not belong to me. I only own the plot. (And my OC)

[F/N]'s POV

I've always hated the water. Always feared it. Ever since I lost both my parents in a drowning accident when they both fell off a boat that rocked too hard and drowned to their inevitable deaths.

And I saw it all with my own eyes. I saw how quickly my parents vanished right in front of my eyes. Until this very day, it still hurts me a lot to witness my own parents deaths.

I never stepped foot in another pool, ocean or any form of water ever again...

That is until I met him...

Makoto's POV

[L/N][F/N].... For some reason, she never goes in the water. She will always, or if not try, to stay clear from water as far as possible. Why?

*FLASHBACK*

"[F/N]-chan!" I ran up to her at the entrance of her class. "Let's go swimming today!"

"E-eto.... I-I have somewhere important I need to go today! I'm sorry!" She stuttered nervously and ran away quickly.

Not only that, whenever me, or anyone else, talks about water, she'll get nervous and worried, but most of all scared. I was determined to find out why and make her open her heart to water.

[F/N]'s POV

After class, I was about to go home when I felt warm hands reaching for me and soon felt myself on someone's shoulder.

"Mako-chan?!" What on earth could he possibly be doing? I started to panic a little bit. Soon we arrived at the school's swimming pool. I gasped. The pool was beautifully covered in little petals of the Sakura tree near by. It was so beautiful....

"Mako-chan... How?" I asked.

"Well...."

*Flashback/Makoto's POV*

"I need your help guys," I asked the swim team at our next meeting at the school swimming pool.

"What is it?"

"[F/N]-chan is afraid of water. She's to afraid to even go near water. I want to show her that there is nothing about the water to be afraid of."

"That's easy Makoto-senpai " Rei said out of nowhere. "You just have to show her the beauties of the water."

"But, how?" Soon, a petal from the Sakura tree nearby fell on my palms. I soon had an idea.

*Flashback ends*

3rd Person POV

"Aww... Thank you Mako-chan" [F/N] thanked him and gave him a bear sized hug.

"Great... Now let's go into the pool,
[F/N]-chan!" Makoto shouted happily at [F/N].

"N-NANI?!? I don't even have a swimsuit with me!" [F/N] started panicking.

"It's okay Gou picked a swimsuit for you!"

[F/N] changed soon after and followed Makoto in the pool.

[F/N]'s POV

I was scared to go. I couldn't move a muscle, stood there like a rock. Every time I looked at a pool or an ocean, that scene always replay in my head like a broken mixtape recorder.

I soon broke down and started crying.

"[F-f/N]-chan!" Mako-chan began to worry. "Are you okay?" His voice was full of worry and concern. I embraced him tightly.

"It hurts... It hurts seeing the one you love disappear from you just like that..." The tears won't stop flowing "My parents drowned in water and I was there... I was there when they died...."

He played with my hair as he hugged me with care, concern and worry. "I know how it feels, [F/N]-chan... There was a fisherman in my town, I idolised him so much, with all my heart. But one day, while he was fishing, his boat sinked and everyone on the boat drowned and died. I got scared of the ocean a while after. But I realised that I could swim while looking at the sky. And I wasn't scared anymore." Mako-chan's words gave me the courage that I once lacked.

He grabbed my hand and slowly pulled me into the water, never letting go. As I laid on my back, he slowly let go of my back, but not my hands. I did one stroke at a time, knowing I'm supported by the one I love. For the first time in many years, I felt calm, at ease and one with the water.

Soon we reached the other end. I felt proud of myself for being able to swim despite my deep fear of water. I overcame it, something I never knew or expected myself to do.

We got out of the pool and I embraced him with more gratefulness and passion.

"Thank you, Mako-chan, for helping me overcome my fear." I smiled at him.

I'm gawking at how sweet Makoto is in this story even though I wrote it....

Makoto is mine... He is just the sweetest person ever... I wish boys,guys and men like him exist in real life....

#MakoAna
(Ana-Diana-Me)