Chapter 23

(Samantha’s POV)

“Ha… you used me like a toy and left. You think I would take you back after the hell I was put through? I saw you! I saw you for the cheap whore you are. You seemed to be having a lot of fun with Michael outside the restaurant. Crying won’t fix anything. Now GET OUT!”

His words echoed in my head over and over again and each time more tears made their way down my face.

Getting in the car I called the person who knew how to calm me down. Marissa.

“Hello?” I sniffled out when she picked up.

I was driving and crying my eyes out over the phone ( I wouldn’t recommend that to anybody ) Marissa scolded me for that and made me pull up at the side of the road; so I did .

“Okay I parked” I said to her so she would calm down a bit.

“Good now breathe. Do it with me. Inhale… count to three and exhale” She took slow deep breaths with me over the phone until my tears stopped and I was feeling a bit better. “Okay you sound much better now. Why don’t you come over and we can talk.”

“Okay I’ll be over in a little while. Let me pick up some coffee and I’ll be on my way.” I hung up the phone and eased of the side of the road.

The red light turned green and just when I was about to cross I heard a deafening crash and that’s when everything went black.

…………………………………………………………

“Good morning miss Leary.” I was a little confused at the moment. Last thing I remember was being in my car going to pick up some coffee.

A steady beep was in the background as I spoke.

“What happened? Where am I?” I tried o get up but the person in front of me prevented me from doing so.

“Take it easy sweetheart! You are at the hospital. The police men got all the facts. You were hit by a drunk driver chased by a cop. Being drunk, he didn’t see your car and impacted you at high velocity.“ The doctor went on about the crash but I just couldn’t believe it.

One question was buzzing inside my head and not being able to hold it in any more I let it fly out my mouth.

“Is the baby okay?” He gave me an apologetic look. I clutched my stomach and the feeling of emptiness came upon me.

My baby!

My little jellybean!

He’s gone!

He never got the chance to meet his daddy!

I feel numb at the moment. The doctor took notice and excused himself from the room.

About ten minutes later he came back in followed by a nurse. He said and explained that I was going to be sedated so I could rest without worrying about the pain in my body. Truth is I couldn’t feel pain. My brain was too busy focusing on the loss of my little jellybean.

…………………………………………………………………..

Over the course of the past three days my stay at the hospital has been better than I expected. Even though Marissa and Kendall weren’t able to stay with me all the time, there was always a nurse by my side so I was never alone.

The first night I stayed here I woke up to a rose on my lap with a note that read “I’m sorry!

Tears still weren’t shed from my eyes. I know it’s unhealthy to keep them in, but the numbness was overwhelming. The only thing that ensured I was alive was the feel of my heart beating inside my chest. Other than that I was still living in a nightmare, hoping I would wake up soon. Sadly when I opened my eyes from the dreadful dream I had to swallow hard and know that it was all real.

I lost them. Logan and my baby are gone.

(Logan’s POV)

“Hey, how is she?” I asked Kendall who was coming out of the hospital room.

“Ah… well she isn’t so talkative” He said while scratching the back of his head.

I had been staying in the waiting area only leaving to take a shower and eat. I made sure that Sammy was well taken care of and at the same time I kept myself informed about her state.

“Logan you should really talk to her.” Where the last words he said before leaving.

After giving some thought to what Kendall said I stood up from my chair and headed to door; behind it was Sammy.

With shaky hands and a heavy sigh, I gave the wooden surface a couple knocks and a push.

“Sammy?” I said as I walked inside.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait. 

Work and college have taken up my time quite a bit. 

I hope you like it and I am sorry to say that only a few chapters remain.

COMMENT, FAN AND VOTE :) ♥ xoxo