Chapter 8

HARRY'S POV

Ari squirms around every so often in my grip, she obviously isn't very interested in the movie we put on.I squeeze my arms tighter around her, pulling her closer to me on the couch than before. I still feel pretty shitty for hurting her like that, I don't even want to think about it.

I really wish I knew everything that was going on in her mind right now, she's so good at hiding it all. I think back to when we first met, almost a year ago. That day in the park's forest where I walked up behind her. I couldn't help myself, I'd never seen someone so beautiful and intriguing. 

The way her hair fell just down her shoulders, the shocking red in perfect curls I had a hard time believeing were natural. It was all the more amazing when she turned around, the slightly surprised look in her eyes. I wonder then if I scared her, just some random guy approaching you. Yeah, not my smoothest move.

But anyway. She had a tight hoodie on, it unzipped halfway making it all the more appealing. Her eyes stood out so much, the deep green no longer matching the leaves since it was fall. There was so long we were just friends; nothing more. I s'pose I wasn't the best at showing off my feelings, but I didn't want to scare her away.

I didn't expect I'd be able to convince her to move in with me and the boys, but her home life probably made it pretty tempting. At first, when Zayn was so forward with her it was terrible, I was scared she would fall for him like any sane girl would. 

What made it worse was Ed. It wasn't his fault, I know it was mine- but that didn't make it any less painful. I'm thankful everyday for realizing I needed to put in some fucking effort.

"Harryyy." Ari moans out, the back of her head against my chest.

"Hm-what." I mumble, shaking off my deep thoughts. 

"I asked you a question." She pointedly says, and I rub tiny circles on her exposed hip with my thumb.

"And what was that love." I kiss the top of her head.

"Why weren't you listening?" She pouts.

"I was too busy thinking about you." I say it as sweetly as I can, the last thing I want is for her to be mad at me some more.

"Oh." She stops. "Okay." Her giggle lights up the room. I smile.

She wiggles around so her hands are against my chest, and I can finally see her face.

"Remember when you sang to me at your concerts?" Her smile is wide and I can feel her happiness through her voice. 

"Mhm." I feel like I'm watching the whole situation from a third person. 

Boy loves girl. A lot. She's his whole world, nothing less. Girl loves boy, they're both terribly insecure. They live in memories and lose their selves in the music of their relationship.

"I really liked that." Ari's hand holds onto my shoulder. I like that.

"Me too. Except for the missing you part." I'm still tired, and my voice has a habit of sounding deep and weird.

"Me too." She let's out a long breath. "I don't wanna go back to school." I wish she would smile again.

"I don't want you to either. But you have to." I sigh as well, I liked the light topic of earlier.

She moans. "Where have you been staying?" She asks.

"I usually sleep here. It's nice having the company of the boys." I admit, it's a tad embarrassing.

"Okay. I have to uh- go get some things from upstairs." She stutters. I decide to let it go, it's obvious she's hiding something.. 

"Okay." I kiss her and sit up with her. She hurries off and I hear her quick footsteps up the stairs.