Wattpad Original
Mayroong 7 pang mga libreng parte

Prologue

Prologue
The Larcenist Queen

"Disable all the security cameras after five minutes," I murmured silently on the chip clipped on my upper garment. I was wearing the same clothes as the Yeomen Warders. Tudor State Dress yata ang tawag nila sa ganitong attire.

May suot akong latex mask made by a close relative, Rylan Suarez. He's the son of my mother's cousin, five years older than me. He's an engineer and is a great inventor. He usually stays inside his laboratory and doesn't interact much with humans. He grants my every request when I need him.

Latex mask is used as a disguise to portray a perfect rendition of another person's face. The mask resembles one of the Yeomen Warder's appearances. Dikit na dikit ito sa aking mukha. You would never know that I'm a woman with this mask. I also wore garments that'd make my body bulkier, like a man. But I made sure that I could still move freely.

"That brunette's good in bed, man!" One of the Yeomen Warders exclaimed loudly. Nakikipag-usap siya sa isang kasamahan. I nodded at them when they glanced at my direction.

Apat kaming nakabantay sa Jewel Room ngayong night shift. Ang tunay na pang-apat ay pinatulog ko na muna.

All in all, thirty-eight men are guarding the Jewel House. But only four were chosen to guard the majestic Crown Jewels located in the Jewel Room. The others were deployed in other areas.

"Give me ten, Ada. There's more than a hundred surveillance cameras. Pati ang mga alarms ay dapat ko munang patayin para walang palya," I heard Eleanor said from the tiny device clipped on my ear.

Eleanor Spyder is a professional hacker and a good friend of mine. She always makes sure that any cameras will not catch me while I'm doing my job. I met her just last year after I saved her from the worst night of her life. I don't really intend to save her, but she begged me, and I have no other choice. I'm not that heartless.

Eleanor owes me her life and insisted on being my accomplice. She began hacking at a young age, managing to hack into several commercial and government networks. According to her, she was trained by her father since she was told that there would come a time that she'll manage their family business, Spade. Kaso'y hindi naman daw siya interesado roon.

She's a great help to me so I didn't regret tagging her along. My job is easier because of her. However, I don't fully trust her.

I have a hard time trusting people because my Mom always reminds me to be cautious of the people I trust.

She said to never let my guards down, even to a friend. Because you never know what's up in their sleeves. The world is full of fake people.

Aside from my family, there's only one person that I completely trust. And he...

He's not with me anymore...

I clenched my jaw and shoved away the thought. Focus, Adaleah, focus.

Right now, Eleanor's somewhere near the area. Probably with her boyfriend, Wine Acer, who I don't like much. He's a bit annoying, but he's helpful most of the time. Like his girlfriend, he's a hacker, too, and a reaper to my mother's underground organization, a mafia called Rogue Raven.

"Sure. Hindi naman ako nagmamadali," I answered, eyeing the other three men who are now taking their duty seriously. I did the same so that they won't get suspicious.

Halos dalawang linggo kong inaral ang bawat areas ng lugar na ito. Inaral ko ang kilos ng mga taga-bantay. I searched for information na maaaring makatulong sa akin.

And now, I'm here, finally making a move to create the greatest thievery of all time. I'm going to steal the Imperial State Crown of the United Kingdom.