Chapter One

Billie:

"So, how long exactly have you two been travelling together?" Jay probes, poking the back of my neck.

I laugh, smiling as I look at Mickey. "Only 23 years – I lived at home with my God Parents before that, Mickey was always around though," I confess. Bill and Karen... I miss them so much...

"Why don't you live with them anymore?" Jay questions.

My smile fades as I remember back to them. I look down at my hands, I got them killed... "Bill died in 1991, protecting me from a flesh-eating Siren. Karen died in 2001 when a Demon possessed her as made her attack her daughter, Melanie... Mickey killed Karen to protect Mel..." I mumble. I look up to Mickey, whose face has turned to stone. "I'm sorry," I murmur.

He looks over at me, his face softening. "It's okay," he smiles.

"Why did you name yourself after Bill?" Jay probes.

I turn around slightly in my seat. "He was a monster hunter, he worked for the Gods, Angels and Guardians but he refused to kill any monster that wasn't deadly. My parents were vegetarian like I am, he didn't see them as a threat, so he tried to save them from the other hunters... He saved my mother and I, so I adopted his name after his death as a memory of him," I confess.

"Where's your mum?" He asks, making the conversation sound like an interrogation...

I sigh. "I don't know... she could be dead; she could be alive... All I know is that she went mental when my father was murdered..." I murmur. I take my earphones from out of my pocket and put them in. I roll down my window, relaxing as I look outside, taking in the peacefulness of the forest, filling my lungs with the fresh air and my nose with the wonderful smell of pine and dirt. But the peacefulness of the woods was broken as Mickey yells. "Shit," he screams as the car swerves and rolls over.

I begin to wake up somewhere, as I hear a voice talking to me, "Miss? Miss, can you hear me?" I feel sleepy, my head and every limb hurts like hell. My eyes flutter open, and I find a young woman, in a nurse's uniform. "How are you? Can you speak? Can you hear me?" She probes, I nod. I didn't want to talk; I didn't feel like it. But I was going to have to, I knew that much.

"Where am I?" I ask the lady, it's obvious I'm in a hospital, but which one. In the area near where we crashed, there was at least three. After all, I am in Edinburgh.

"You're at the Royal Victoria Hospital," she pauses. "Do you remember what happened?" She asks, fear in her eyes.

"No, where's my Uncle? Where's my friend?" I ask. Mickey isn't biologically related to me, but due to his job, he had to change his last name to Gabriel... I don't think he cared, though...

"Who was driving?" She asks; this isn't sounding too promising.

I sigh, "Mickey, my Uncle, was driving, why?" I ask her. She looks down at a piece of paper.

"Mickey Gabriel?" She says; I nod in response. "Who was your friend?" She asks with a puzzling look on her face.

"Jason Lee. Now, will you please tell me if they're okay?" I ask. She looks up from the paper, regret covering her face. "No," I say, shaking my head. 'They can't be dead,' I thought to myself. Collapsing against the pillow again, a tear rolls down my face.

"I'm sorry, your Uncle passed away at the crash site..." she says before getting up. "However, we didn't find anyone else. Mr Lee, as you named him, was not there... He may have wandered into the woods, but there were only two DNAs within the vehicle, Mickey Gabriel's and yours..." she informs me. He was a traitor... I turn away from the nurse as I hear her walk off. I was alone, not just in the room, but in the world.