· of passion ·

Faith had no idea whatsoever as to why she had chosen Fern Legend, of all people, to kick-start her job; but she was glad she had done it.

She was the receptor of a few rare smiles from Fern, otherwise known as 'freak' by the rest of the school.

Faith walked briskly towards the basketball court behind the school building. To find Jordan Nesson - one of the best female basketball players representing the school every year in State competitions.

Jordan was shooting hoops alone. At moments, she only stared at the ball - not pitifully, because it was manhandled by many everyday; but admirably - as if it was not an inanimate object at all.

As Faith approached her, she looked up,"Oh you. Faith, right?" Faith nodded.

Jordan continued,"You have come here for that yearbook thing, right?"

Faith wanted to correct her by saying that she had come to also make friends along the way, but she said nothing.

Jordan nodded towards a bench," Come on. I was just going to take a break."

As they walked towards the bench, Faith couldn't help but ask," Since how long have you been playing basketball?"

"Since I was 7. My uncle loved basketball. He taught me, and well, it's become a passion now." She gave a short laugh, while pulling out a small towel from her bag and wiping her neck with it.

Faith smiled,"That's great! So, you would want to pursue it in life?"

Jordan smiled, staring into a distance,"Sure." She turned towards Faith and added,"Yeah."

"Dream team -" Before Faith could finish her question, Jordan replied,"NBA." Both of them started laughing. Jordan corrected herself, "I mean, one of the Women's NBA teams."

Faith nodded,"Okay."

Jordan asked Faith,"So, what's your passion?"

Faith smiled,"Passion?"

"Sure, Passion." Jordan nodded.

Reading? Writing? Observing people? Watching TV? What was passion? Something one loved to do with determination and hard work? Something one thought was supposed to do whether he loved it or not?

Could OCD be considered passion? She couldn't leave her room without making sure all her drawers were closed. Could hating be considered a passion? Because she sure as hell hated fake people with a passion. She loved vintage with a passion. She loved getting good marks with a passion.

There were so many passions, that maybe the only one that mattered the most lay somewhere hidden amongst the whole lot.

As though the lights were abruptly turned on in an otherwise dark room, Faith turned towards Jordan with a grin, "Loving life."