(Chapter 1)

Author's Note: I don't own any characters or rights to Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. This is nothing more than a fanfic. Please comment and tell me your thoughts. :)

This doesn't take place at any particular place in the movie.

Introduction:

Nellie (Mrs.Lovett) has been happily together with Sweeney Todd for quite some time. Living in a small shop in downtown London while Sweeney does the "barbering" and Mrs.Lovett baked the pies, she thought life couldn't get any better. While her whole world is perfect, she is about to have a rude awakening and her perfect life, will never be the same again.

Chapter 1:

"Here you go. One meat pie," Nellie said to the customer standing before her. The boy takes his meat pie and takes a seat.

Poor boy, thought Nellie, has no clue what he's eating. Nellie stood over the counter with her hand under her chin, observing the boy eating the human filled pie.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Went the bell hung above the shop's door. Just the person she wanted to see.

"Hello, love," she greeted to Sweeney. She walked over and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Business slow?," she asked.

"Very," muttered Sweeney under his breath as he kissed Nellie slowly.

Mrs.Lovett then remembered the boy and stopped the kissing. "The boy," Nellie explained.

"Right," Todd said.

Mrs. Lovett walked over to the basement door. "I'm going to go make another batch of pies. Could you watch over the shop for a bit?"

"I'll come with you. Business is slow anyways," Todd said, sincerely.

"No, no, better not. Uh... the boy! The boy is still here."

Ding! Ding! Ding! The door slammed shut as the boy walked away.

Oh no, Nellie thought.

Sweeney started to hug her and began to open the basement door behind her.

"No! No," Nellie said, startled.

"Why so worried?," he whispered with a smirk. He softly and slowly tried to kiss Mrs. Lovett.

Nellie backed away and walked over to the counter, stirring the batter. "No worries. Just... baking," Nellie stuttered.

A questionable look left on Sweeney's face made Nellie queasy.

He walked slowly towards her. "What are you hiding from me, Nellie?"

Nellie felt dizzy and lost in her thoughts. Why'd I do it? Why'd I do it? She thought, just before she fainted.

"Nellie, my love.....Nelllllie?"

It was Sweeney's voice.

Oh no, it wasn't a dream. Or was it?

Her eyes flickered open.

Sweeney stood over her bed, looking at her with a worried expression.

All her feelings and worries came rushing back at her and that's when she realized it wasn't a dream.

She struggled to get out of bed, to run away from reality. To escape Sweeney's hand. To just disappear forever.

Sweeney pushed her back in bed, to try to calm her down. He held her hand tightly. She was shaking terribly bad.

Her worst nightmare, is coming true.

"Breathe... Breathe..... Breathe," he said, slowly each time he said it.

She did as she was told, and suddenly feeling exhausted. She started crying.

"No!! NO!! Sweeney, I'm sorry!... Please... No! Sweeney, I love... you!," she splattered as her tears got harder.

"Wha..," Todd tried to speak as Mrs. Lovett yelled over him.

"Ahhh! No... No... No... Why why," she sobbed, "I did it.. in th... basem... I'm so sorrhe-he-he!"

And Sweeney knew exactly what she was talking about.

Nellie killed Lucy.