Chapter 19

Keith's pov

It's finally Sunday. My goal is to not beat Karah. Yes you heard me right ,not beat her. Not really sure that I could anyways ,but that's not the point. I plan to make her a bet so that if she wins the bet by beating me then she has to hang out with me next week, but if she looses and I beat her she is free to do whatever.

Sounds simple right either turn down the bet or let me beat her. The bet is sorta backwards so that if she looses and it makes no sense. I'm counting on two things: the fact she's in a bet that she won't turn down any bet (she bet Matt thirty-five bucks that she wouldn't) and that she wouldn't dare loose her unbeaten record.

And speaking of the devil, well thinking of but you get the gist. She's just getting out of her truck."Hey,Karah " I say motioning her to come over to where I'm standing.

" Hi?"She says looking at me weird.

"Don't look at me like that " she just makes a weirder half glaring look. "Seriously you're creeping me out, you look like a squinting frog" She doesn't really but that got her to stop.

" What do you want"

"Oh a lot of things especially-"

" you know what I mean smart alec"

"I want to make a bet with you"

"Oh really "she rolls her eyes.

"Yes,really, If I beat you, you will have to hang out with me next week, If I beat you you're free to do whatever"

" Yeah ,no that's kinda backwards"

"Alright I'll just tell Matt you didn't take the bet" I say sing song like.

"I really hate you,you know that"

I just smile, "Knew you'd see it my way duckling" I say putting my arm around her shoulder and walking towards the door to the rodeo building. She trys to shrug it off but gives up after about the 5th try.

Karah's pov

Ugh what am I supposed to do? If I lose I win and if I win I lose. I'm obviously not letting go of my title of never being beat so I guess I'm stuck hanging out with him next week. Oh joy.