Info

This novel is a post-apocalyptic adventure/drama following the story of seventeen-year-old Carter, her brother Josh, and their family friends: brothers Max and Thomas. The four of them, along with some friends they find, have to figure out how to survive in their little country town right outside of Canada after they experience something life-altering.

I originally wrote this story in 2014 when I was only fourteen. I posted about 12 chapters on here and ended up getting over a thousand views! I stopped writing about 20 chapters in because I just got busy with life and lost the inspiration to continue. I am now twenty-two, and I am giving it another go. I've obviously had to revise and rewrite really the entire thing, but I'm working hard on it, and if enough people are interested, I will begin posting again.

The story is based in the little town of Northport Washington, which I renamed Morningrise for the sake of this book. Its population is 291 as of 2013.
Other real places that I gave fictional names in this story are:

Northport, Washington: Morningrise

Population: Around 300

Colville, Washington: Laurenville

Population: Around 4,500

Spokane, Washington: Spalding

Population: Around 217,000

Seattle, Washington: Laettes

Population: Around 756,000

Rossland, British Columbia: Gracetown

Population: Around 3,500

I make tons of references to a 'bridge' in town, and this is that bridge. It connects the little town of Northport, to the road you take to get to Canada. To the left is town, and to the right is the 20-minute-long road to Canada. I play around with the road's length and envision it being longer in the books, as that is where 'the Cabin' is, and I wanted it to feel a lot further separated from town, almost like the cabin is in its own little world rather than only being a fifteen-minute drive. The book's cover photo is a picture of the bridge while driving under it, and this is a picture of the whole bridge that I took while standing on the bank of the Columbia River.

Feel free to ask questions in the comments or PM me! I'm super excited to start posting my novel again, and I hope you guys are excited too!

-Madisyn