Sherlock and kisses {10}

I was in a good mood that day.

It was not because it was a lovely day out, the birds chirping and the sun shining bright as ever but because of the text that I have just received  from Quinn asking if we could hang out that day.

I was beyond ecstatic that I did the happy dance with my dog who was probably angry at the fact that I woke him up.

I quickly put on some comfortable clothes and walked slowly to the park where he wanted to hang out. I was a nervous wreck as I didn't have much experience with boys before. No one asked me out as they didn't take much interest in me. I completely understand why. I mean, they don't want a girl who spends all day doing nothing but reading and talking about her favorite authors and movies.

But with Quinn ,he was different. When I apologized for constantly blabbing about why Jane Austin is the best author or how Moriarty came back alive, he said something that made me blush so hard that I looked like I was about to pass out. He said and I quote " I like listening to your cute babbles, they make my day." 

yea people, he actually said that.

when I went to the park, I found him sitting under the tree, he was reading a book with such concentration that he almost didn't notice me. He looked up and smiled at me while waving the book in the air. I sucked in my breath because he was reading 'To kill a Mocking Bird' , a book that I recommended to him in our daily night talks one day.

" How is it so far? " 

" Better than what you told me actually, I am loving it! "

I laughed and said " Wait until you are done with that book , I can't wait to shove more legendary books in your face! You have no idea what you're missing out on! "

He chuckled and placed the book down gently on the green grass.

" Don't worry, I don't mind at all"

He began talking about his day and about movies we both enjoyed. It was getting late and I had to go. when I expressed this, Quinn  looked at me , almost shyly, with a blush creeping up his neck.

" I - uh wanted to ask you something..umm.. I actually wanted to ask you out .. if that's okay with you that is.. but if you don-"

" yes, yes.. I mean , I would love to go out with you " 

 I didn't ever process what he had said before making a reply but I do know in that moment that he asked me out and that's all that mattered. And in that moment, I didn't realize how close we were to each other, I could see the blue of his eyes and the freckles on his nose. He seemed to notice it too as just smiled while looking into my eyes. He was searching for hesitation on my face asking me whether or not I wanted that kiss. 

oh, I wanted that so bad that I couldn't take it much longer. I laughed and pulled his shirt towards me and our lips finally crashed in a perfect collision. Your eyes widened at my stunt and your hands warmly cupped my cheeks. 

you gently pulled away and we were both smiling like crazy . You gave a cheeky smile and asked ,

" Do you mind if I kissed you again ?"

Of course I didn't mind I was about to reply that he could kiss me as many times as he wanted and I wouldn't mind a  single bit but before I could say that, he was already kissing me. I guess my smile was the reply he wanted. 

I was thinking how good he smelled while we were kissing when we heard a loud shriek ,

"EWWWW! MOM! THESE TWO PEOPLE ARE EATING EACH OTHER FACES! "

We were interrupted by a little girl who was screaming for her mom. We pulled back from each other and Quinn was trying to explain that we were not eating each others faces but the little girl continued yelling , It was quite amusing actually. A second later, a woman runs toward us and takes the little girl by her hand who we assumed must be her mom. She apologized for her daughter and quickly scurried away. 

After she left, We burst out into laughter. One would have thought that we would be having an awkward conversation after the kiss but Quinn laced his long fingers in mine and began,

" you know, I gave much thought into what you said but I think I have another possible theory. I think Moriarty..."

and that's how we spent the next hour, taking about Sherlock and other stuff.

 Oh I wouldn't want it any other way.

A/N : I know that its been almost a year since I uploaded a new chapter! But this is for the few people who are reading my works. feel free to point out any errors in my writing. :)

love,

Bhavana