Origins

Before I continue, the origins of this story are from Ever After High, a franchise based on fairytales.  Look it up and watch some videos to get a better idea.  Its really good!  You'll see which parts I kept and which parts I made up.  I do not own YJ, DC or EAH.

Two Years Later

Sunlight filled the room as Miles Grimm, Royal Advisor of Padaladia, thrust the red velvet curtains apart from the golden-paned windows.  "Rise and shine, Your Highness!"  He threw the dark blue velvet covers off a grand dark blue king-sized bed lined with gold and silver.  A handsome young man with neatly-cut ebony hair, sharp, chiseled features and pale-blue eyes sat up, yawning.  He wore soft cotton pants and his chest was bare.  "Breakfast is at seven sharp.", Miles informed him.  "And you know how your parents value punctuality."

Crown Prince Conner William Charming of Padaladia got out of bed and let Miles escort him to the bathroom.  Inside, male servants were waiting for them.  He poked his head in before looking back at Miles.  "Hey, you know its my twenty-first birthday, right?"  Miles nodded, a proud smile gracing his features.  "Oh, yes.  I am most aware of that, Your Highness."  Conner shrugged.  "Don't you think I could use the bathroom by myself just this once?"  Miles chuckled.  "Very amusing, Your Highness."  He slapped his hands together twice.  "Wipers!"

After he had been bathed, groomed and dressed by the servants, he hurried downstairs to meet his adopted family for breakfast.  Sitting at the head of the table was King Dexterous Charming the First, ruler of Padaladia, and at his side, his beloved wife and mother of his children, Queen Raven.  These two originally hailed from another dimension, one where time moves at a much slower pace—Ever After, the home of all the characters of classic fairytales and their offspring.

In Ever After, the firstborn of all characters were required to relive the stories of their ancestors, whether they were the children of Cinderella or of the Wicked Witch.  Raven Queen had been the daughter of the infamous Evil Queen, destined to one day poison Snow White's daughter and bring forth a reign of terror upon the land.  But Raven was nothing like her mother.  She was a kind, gentle and loving person, with musical talent and a heart of gold.  When the day came to secure her fate as a wicked ruler, Raven refused, thus dividing Ever After into two sides—the Royals, who wished to live out the legacy their parents had set for them, and the Rebels, who desired to break free from the stories chosen for them and forge their own paths.

Even though Raven was the leader of the Rebels, Royal Dexter, second son of the great King Charming, supported her decision, and helped her when some of the other Royals started bullying her.  After weeks of harassment, Raven decided to visit her dear father, the Good King, and asked Dexter to accompany her.  When they arrived, Henry King told them that he had discovered a gateway to another world, one where people could choose to live however they wanted.  To Raven, this sounded like an ideal life.  She begged her father to allow her to go there, and he gave in under one condition—that he go with her.  Dexter couldn't bear the thought of losing Raven, so he tried to convince them to let him come, too.  It took hours, but they finally gave in.  And so, their bags packed, their coats on, and letters explaining everything left behind, the three royal persons left Ever After behind in search of a better life.

They arrived in the middle of a civil war.  The old king had died, leaving behind no suitable heirs, thus leaving no one to rule in his place.  Every man in the royal court wanted to be king, so they believed the only way to settle things was to fight.  But Henry had very strong opinions.  He summoned everyone in the land, settling issues over property, food, and honor among the people, having them sign treaties with one another, thus proving the pen was mightier than the sword.  The people had been so grateful, they took a vote, and came to a unanimous decision.  Three days later, they crowned Henry their new king, and his daughter the Crown Princess.