[9] Attention Seeker

[MINGYU]

"Wonwoo!" I said as I sat beside him on a sofa with a grin on my face.
"Hey." He replied flatly and quickly, not bothering to look at me at all because he was too immersed and preoccupied in the book he was reading.

I pouted and stared at him, trying to device a plan to make him focus on me. An idea crept into my mind. Well, it's not that complicated. It's a childish one, yes.

I started poking his side and his cheek. He was clearly annoyed but It was not enough to get his attention. I started tickling him and a tiny flare of hope sparked inside my head as I saw him squirm and chuckle but after a while he just glared at me.
"Kim Mingyu, I'm reading a book." He pointedly said while staring at me right into my eyes.
"Yeah and so?" I pouted and whined like a child. He did not say anything and just sighed with clear frustration. He carried on with reading his book.
"Wonuuuu. Wonwooo. Jeon Wonwoooo. Heeey." I squatted in front of him and pinched his cheeks. He shoved my hands away and continued reading the book. I went behind the couch and blew into his ear. He shoved my face away and covered his ears.
"God Mingyu, shut up! I'm at the best part." He then picked up his book in an annoyed manner and continued reading, still grunting about what I was doing.

I sighed. How do I get his attention?

A mischievous smile crept up over my face. I knew exactly how I would get his attention.

"Hey Wonwoo, you like me. You do, right?" I nudged him at his side. I continued talking as he was still not paying attention to me.
"You know, It's pretty obvious." I glanced at him. "You always stare at me. I always see you stealing glances at me. It's really obvious." I chuckled. I saw him shuffle uncomfortably in his seat and his forehead creasing as if he was trying to ignore me. "Remember that one episode of Andromeda where you accidentally said my name instead of yours?" I scooted closer to him as I noticed that he was slowly moving away from me. I smiled smugly. "I know you were thinking about me that whole day. I mean why else would you say my name?" I stared at him. It's been 3 minutes and he hasn't turned the page yet. I could tell that he has been reading the same sentence over and over again. "Wait, now that I think about it. Was that even an accident? Or did you actually say my name intentionally?" I put my hand under my mouth and acted as if I was thinking. His ears turned bright red. It was a cute sight that's why I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sh*t." He muttered as he reached the end of the couch, trapped by me. I chuckled. He stared at me, clearly annoyed.
"I got you cornered." I said and winked.

He rolled his eyes and shut his book quickly which got me startled and made me completely off-guard. He grabbed my collar and pulled me forward in a quick kiss.

Damn. I was not ready for that.

"Yes, I like you. Are you happy now?" He asked teasingly and winked. "And no, that Andromeda thing you were talking about... No, it wasn't intentional. It just came out. I guess I should stop thinking about you during broadcast." He smiled sweetly- no, wickedly.

"You know, you should stop challenging m-" I leaned forward and kissed him. He dropped the book he was holding. I grinned at him as we separated.

Damn. This time, he was not prepared for that.

"That's enough attention for today." I stood up and stretched my arms. I faked a yawn and walked away from him. When I was 3 meters away from him, I stopped walking and turned my head towards him, his expression unchanged. "Hey about your question after you confessed earlier. You know, if I was happy? Yup, I sure am." I laughed and stuck my tongue out.

"F*ck off you attention seeker." He grunted as he picked up his book. As I was about to turn around, I saw a glimpse of him smiling. With that, I smiled too.

---
Yaaay, I updated! Thank you so much for waiting patiently guys.

And btw, SVT is going here in our country but I can't even go cause I have no money ;; Guys, if you ever go, can you please say hi to them for me? ;; Okay, I just wanna share.

I actually said this before but I'm working on a Meanie fic (yes) and I'm almost done! So sooner or later, I think I'm gonna drop an announcement or something like that. :)

Anyways, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! Love love love~

-Raejel xx