Chapter Twenty

Beauty is Pain

"Jackie! It's time to get up!" The poor boy woke up to his insane mother's voice.

"We're going to have some fun today!" Oh no. Jack had slept in.

He was supposed to wake up early and try to find a way out of the dirty old shed, but he must have fallen asleep. He assumed he was tired from all of the running he had done the day before.

Jack slowly got up, not saying a word. He had nothing to say anymore. He had no one to talk to, either.

He slid on his pink and fluffy slippers and stared at his feet.

He needed help, and he needed it now.

"Okay Jacquelyn. What pair of earrings do you want? We're doing flowers no matter what, because these look like the ones that mommy used to wear!" She ruffled his long hair.
"Now choose a colour!"

Jack looked at them, but said nothing

Jack looked at them, but said nothing. Mary Anne looked at him. "Say something Jackie, or I'll bring out the little shock collar! You don't want to be punished, honey."

Jacks eyes went huge and he was more afraid than he had ever been.
She had gone too far for Jack to not say anything. "Blue." He muttered, saying the first one he saw, afraid of this aforementioned 'shock collar'.

"Okay!" She said happily, a smile latching itself onto her terrifyingly happy face.

"I'm going to go in to get my supplies. You wait here." She ran out of the shed. Jack turned around and saw some dry blood from his dad's body. He walked over to it, and just looked at it. Then, suddenly, he felt the urge to say something. He touched the blood.

"I'm sorry daddy..." He heard footsteps from outside of the shed, and he hurriedly rushed to sit down on the little wooden crate by the entrance to the shed. He did not want to be 'punished'. The shed did have a little light, but Mary Anne had brought a flashlight as well, along with a sowing needle and a few ice cubes.
(AN: If you're not good with this kind of gross stuff, I would recommend skipping to the end.)
She picked up the biggest sowing needle, and the smallest ice cube. She hung the flashlight above Jack's fragile head, and she turned it on, looking at Jack. She put the shock collar around his neck. He stared wide-eyed. She smiled.

"Okay. This might hurt a little, but remember, beauty is pain. And one sound and I shock you on the first setting. If you make a sound after that, one setting higher. You understand, Jackie Poo?"

Jack just looked at her and blinked.
"Good, now," She grabbed his ear. "3...2...1... GO!" She pierced the needle through his ear lobe. Jack felt a jolt of pain, and screamed.

"SHUT UP!" Mary Anne yelled, and Jack fell to the floor as an electric surge pulses through him. He scrambled to his knees and stared at his mother in terror.

She looked at him and grabbed his other ear, pulling him closer.

"I told you . . . not to make a noise." Her crooked teeth were clenched together and her smile was more terrifying than her frowns.
Jack  flinched, and tried hard not to make any sound, not even a single breath.

"Good, Jackie!" Mary Anne sung.

She picked up the blue flower earring and took off the backing. She put in the earring and Jack winced, feeling the earring hit the most sensitive wounds on his ear.

She did the exact same to the other side, and this time, Jack did not make a sound.

Mary Anne was ecstatic once the earrings were in. She brought out a mirror.
"Come look, Jackie! Look, pretty aren't you, my little Jackie Poo!" He stared at her.

Jack clenched his throbbing ears with both hands, and Mary Anne smiled.

"You are beautiful, Jacquelyn. After all, beauty is pain."
She said, then walked away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woah... A shock collar...
Eeek!
Thank you guys for being so patient with us, we know that we should be updating everyday like we said before, but we've both been really busy with our other books,(Go read them:The mother tree-Alexi and I wish-Me(never happened sorry :<) and just busy in general, in normal life!
Keep being you!
-Julie💕💫

Well that's harsh... She's crazy, Crazy I tell you! Yes, SORRY for the horrible updating, but I kid you not I was hit with writer's block and right as I started to recover Julie was hit! Yikes.
And yay on time!
Thanks for putting up with us,
-Alexi 💕