Chapter Two

I woke up with Dawn again, and saw a black suit with red detailing. And on the shoulders was the number 1. I showered, slipped on my clothes, and put my hair into a pony tail. I walked into the dining area, and ate without the others.

"So today you start training," Cashmere begins after she finishes eating. "You need to show off your strength, but also stick to the Careers. Make sure you know their weaknesses, and use them to win," she tells me as I listen. I want to win, I need to win.

We head to the elevator, and go down the the training center. Just me, Cashmere, Cress, and Marvel. We're the first ones there, and before we go inside I glance at him, him looking back. Cress and I walk inside and my face lights up. Weapons of all kinds, and stations.

Everyone else showed up, and Cress and I finally met Flaire, Jolt, Ivary, and Cabe. We immediately teamed up, as we were the Careers. Cress and I worked on hand to hand combat, although I beat him every time. I see Jolt watching, and he nods his head mumbles stuff to the other three Careers.

Cabe was using a sling shot, hitting the targets spot on, and his District partner, Ivary was watching him with loving eyes. It made me want to puke. Yet again, I was trained to ignore any emotions.

"Hey Estra," Cress hollars at me. I looked over as he threw a spear at me. I caught it, spun it in my hand, and launched it back at him. He ducked and it his a target in the head. Jolt laughed which caught the attention of Cabe. Jolt explained and Cabe smirked. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to the spear throwing station. I threw spears and knives, hitting the targets spot on.

We trained everyday, I excelled in mostly everything. Cashmere impressed with my skills. Cress and Marvel talking rarely due to Cress being a major jerk toward Marvel. Yeah, the people in 1 are rude and arrogant, but Marvel is trying to help. But since Cress refuses Marvel's help, he's been helping Cashmere since he's good at spear throwing.

It was the night for the interviews, so Cashmere was asking me questions, and I was replying with serious, yet witty, responses that even made Marvel laugh, and he was glaring most of the time. After a bit, James and Serena came in to do our hair and makeup. My hair was down, and lightly curled, and I had neutral makeup.

When our stylist, Jasmine, came in with my dress, I was shocked. The dress actually wasn't god awful. It was a light shade of purple, with one shoulder exposed, and white heels. I put it on, and walked a few steps to get used to the heels.

"You look good," Cashmere comments as she walks in. "At least there's no feathers," I whisper as Jasmine leaves. We both smirk and laugh. As we head out into the main room, I see that Cress has a dark blue suit on with a yellow tie.

"You both look stunning," Xina says, her purple hair bouncing as she walks. I roll my eyes, and lean on my left foot. "No eye rolling and have good posture," she says pointing a finger at me. As she turns around I mock her and roll my eyes, seeing Marvel smirk.

As per usual, my interview was first. I waited for the "show" to start as Ceaser Flickerman turned and smiled his huge, and creepy, smile. "A ha ha," he laughs, his purple hair more vibrant than the blue he had last year. "Welcome to the 75th Annual Hunger Games! Ah ha ha! Now let's welcome, from District 1, Lillianestra!" He says and I put a fake smile on my face and walk out on stage.

After I sit down, Ceaser looks at me. "Please, call me Estra," I say with a smile. "So, Estra, I see your wearing purple as well," he comments on my dress. "Well I thought we could match," I reply jokingly. Everyone laughs, and I flash a smile toward the crowd. "I hear that your good with spears, is that true?" He asks as everyone settles down.

"Well I don't want to brag, but yes. I'd say that I'm fairly good with them," I reply cheekily. He laughs, "Are you as good as last year's victor Marvel?" He asks. "Well I don't know," I say making sure I sound unsure, but cocky. "I love your confidence, don't you?" Ceaser asks the crowd, who cheer in responce.

"Well, one last question before your time is up," he says getting serious. "Ask away," I reply, smiling once more. "Are there any special men back home?" He asks as the crowd 'oohs' and 'aahs'. "Wouldn't you like to know," I tease. "Such a tease! But come on, just a little hint," he says. "Well, there is, but...I'm not going to tell. That's for me to know and you to find out," I finish with a wink just as the timer goes off.

"Let's here it for Estra!" Ceaser shouts as the crowd cheers. I make my way off stage, and drop my fake smile. "You did wonderful," Xina exclaims. I sigh, and mumble a 'Thanks'. Cashmere and Marvel walk over. "Nice work," Cashmere says and Marvel nods in approval.

We watch Cress' interview, and he takes the humor aproach as well. "You guys will definatly get sponcers," Cashmere says. After Cress finishes his interview, we head back up to our floor. I quickly change, and then head out to watch the rest of the interviews.

"You all did wonderful with your interviews, and your scores," Xina chirps in admiration. For the individual training we showed for the sponcers, we got the scores back. I got an 11 due to me throwing spears and knives, forming the symbol of Panem, and Cress got a 10. From District 2, Flaire and Jolt both got 10. The Careers from 4, Ivary got 9, and Cabe got a 10. Afterward, we all went to bed.