01 ≪≫ i love her

Maddies POV

  I wake up in the morning and look at my phone.

  4:34 AM

  Damn its early. Im so used to waking up early for competitions, even though the show ended about a year ago. I guess its just a habit, but I wake up to nothing to do in the day.

  I guess all of the girls, besides the sisters of course, lost touch after the show ended. Even Abby has other priorities, I havent heard from her in months. The only ones who have really talked are Kendall and me. I dont like her much.

  I open my phone and go on instagram. Nothing new, just more comments and more likes. I havent posted lately, mainly because I have nothing interesting going on. My movies 'The Book of Henry" and "Sisters" are already out, which gave me a lot more fame than before. I cant go out in public and be myself anymore. I feel like I need to be perfect, hide my emotions because if I do something wrong it can ruin my career and fan base. I dont know what to look foward to anymore, I just dance, wait for jobs, dance, wait for jobs and so on. Ive been waiting for something exciting to happen. Last week I had a photoshoot for Teen Vogue, thats about it.

  Kendall called me at about 9:30 AM asking if she could come over, I said sure. Why not. Kenzie was going to have Brynn over, so I thought it would be fun. I wouldnt be myself because Kendall would probably call be a "weirdo" or "crazy" and get mad and weirded out. Im just crazy, and humorous.

  Brynn gets here first and Kenzie opens the door. We basically just talk about dance and upcoming jobs. I really think life is boring ever since I left the show and my best friends.

  Kendall rings the doorbell, and we all groan. We know how preppy and fake she is.

  I go over to the door and open the door. Kendall has on 6 pounds of makeup, a MK purse, Hollister jeans, and a shirt that i have from TopShop. All of the girls had it, and it reminds me of when we would have matching days where we would wear the shirt.

  "Why are you looking at my boobs Maddie? Theyre real!" Kendall says, laughing.

  They wont be if you follow in your mother's foot steps !!

  "I was just looking at your shir-" I say, but Kendall cuts me off. She wasnt listening in the first place.

  "What do you guys wanna do? So at my new school theres this kid named Jackson, OMG hes so cute !!!!! Oh yeah, theyres this girl names Alyssa, she is literally so fake. Also, remember Payton from the PA studio? She goes to my school, and shes such a slut. Ugh" Kendall goes blabbering on and gossiping, and Kenzie, Brynn and I pretend that were listening.

  Then I get a text.

  I look at the number, and I dont know who it is. It doesnt have a contact name or anything, so I get worried my number got leaked or something.

  I unlock my phone, tapping on the text message.

Number: Uh, Maddie?
Maddie: Hi, who is this?

  I think about it, and Im pretty sure my number got leaked. Shit.

  Chloes POV

  So lately Ive been thinking about my old ALDC team. I love them so much. The show was shit, so was Abby. But still, they mean a lot to me.

  Especially Maddie

  Its honestly been too much. I think about her all the time. Her laugh, her eyes, her personality. Shes absolutely perfect.

  I wanted to tell her, but at the studio it was hard to be around her. I constantly felt happy and in love with her. I was scared I would ruin our friendship. I felt safe with her, you could say.

  I guess being away from her for a year has been really really hard. The closest I would get to her is through her snapchat story or her instagram. She's gorgeous, by the way.

  Then I realize that maybe she misses me too. Maybe she felt this way and she's scared, like me.

  Ive honestly been debating on whether I should text her for months. Its not like Im not aloud to, Abby doesnt control us anymore. I just feel scared, like she wont talk to me. Like she doesnt even remember me. After we left, we had to delete everyone's contact from our phones because we were still under Abby's rules for a little while. So, we did. If I text her, we have to introduce ourselves all over again and it would be too awkward.

  I found her number again awhile ago, but I havent had the guts. Its hard because I love her so much and Im scared to be broken.

  I finally decide to text her. I really cant take it. I hate being away from her.

  I grab my phone and unlock it. I go to my notes and see where I saved the number. Then, I enter it into the message bar and start to text.

Chloe: Hi Maddie!

  No, too enthusiastic. I instantly delete the letters.

  Chloe: Hey Maddie, its Chlo.

  No, thats too upfront.

  Chloe: Uh, Maddie?

  NO. NO NO NO. I SOUND AS AWKWARD AS I REALLY AM.

  Instead of pressing backspaces, I click send. fml :)))))))))))))

  Well, thats it. It sent. I probably ruined everything. I cant tell her that its me, it will be so awkward. Like me, I fucking suck.

  Then, it happens. The word 'delivered' turns into 'read at 10:27 AM'

  Shit.

  I get a text from Maddie "Hi, who is this?"

  How am I even supposed to respond? "Hi its Chloe, your old teammate that loved you for years but didnt say shit. Ive been obsessing over you lately!"

  No, no.

  I decide just to go upfront. I take a deep breath and I start to type.

Chloe: Uh, Maddie?
Maddie: Hi, who is this?
Chloe: Hi Maddie, its Chloe. I know that this is surprising, but I miss the old team, especially you.

  I put my phone down, eagerly waiting for a text message back. I feel butterflies in my stomach. I dont even know why I feel this way. I cant even see her.

  I love her.

  Maddies POV

  I suddenly hear my phone ding, making Kendall, Brynn and Kenzie look at me. Kendall looks offended, as if I ruined her story, which mind you no one gives too flying fucks about. Kendall keeps talking in an annoyed tone, and Brynn and Kenz roll their eyes, pretending to listen again.

  I look at my phone, shocked by the message. I wouldnt even guess it was Chloe.

  I really have been thinking about Chloe the most lately. Her smile, her kindness, her dancing. Everything about her is insanely amazing.

  I'm not really sure what to say to her. I dont even care how she found my number. As long as we have each other. This can be something I can finally look forward to. She can be that something.

  I unlock my phone, now reading the message. I have no idea what to say.

Chloe: Uh, Maddie?
Maddie: Hi, who is this?
Chloe: Hi Maddie, its Chloe. I know that this is surprising, but I miss the old team. Espicially you. 
Maddie: Oh, hi Chloe! This is crazy. Lol. I miss you too. A LOT

  I sound like an idiot. "A LOT." Chill, Madison. I sound obsessed and I barely even know the girl anymore.

  I havent really been this excited in a long time. But I get it. I mean my old teammate, who used to be my best friend texted me. Who I like. Who I love.

  I love her