Chapter 30 - All In The Golden Afternoon

Zazu flew towards the giant, beautifully decorated doors. They magically opened, sensing his presence as the bird swooped into the office. The black leather chair of where his master sat was facing away from the blue and white bird, staring towards the giant glass window that over looked the entire World of Disney.

"Sir, we have a situation!" Zazu squawked.

The Man turned his chair around to face the bird, still clutching Mickey's letter in his hand after all this time. "What happened?"

Zazu quickly bowed in respect to his master, proving himself down on the desk until he continued. "Hades has reported a surge of negative energy coming from the Underworld. A lot more than usual."

"Is it the Dark Anomalies?" He questioned.

"Most likely yes," Zazu nodded. "Hades is still unable to find where exactly they are coming from, however he did manage to calculate where the Dark Anomalies will surface next. The Animal Kingdom."

Forming his free hand into a fist, The Man smacked it onto his desk, startling the bird. "This will not do. Send word to King Simba at once."

"Of course!" Zazu agreed. "I'll have the Wizards look into it once The Chosen One and her team return from the their world."

"What do you mean? What are all of them doing there?" The Man questioned. 

Zazu became nervous, a little afraid even as he spoke. "It appears the Chosen One has been compromised. She has been discovered by her cousins, and according to her own words, she apparently didn't have a choice. Her presence was requested here by Kaitlyn Perrywinkle and she couldn't evade the four of them. She said she had no choice but to teleport in front of them."

"Have they taken precautions?" The Man questioned, leaning forward in his seat.

"The two options were presented before her," he explained. "However apparently she created a third option."

"Meaning?" The Man asked for clarification.

"We could be seeing some possible new recruits to the Disney Wizards." Zazu clarified.

The Man was silent after that. His eyebrows narrowed, deep in thought as he stood up from his chair, slowly walking back towards the window, admiring the view.

"Sir?" Zazu spoke up.

"Zazu... I'd like for you to keep a close eye on Avalyn Macht and her team when they return. I want to see how this little plan of hers plays out." The Man ordered.

"Very well," Zazu slowly nodded. "And... When the mission is complete?"

"Report to me of their progress," The Man added. "I'll decide then, whether I will seek audience with the Chosen One."

"Is that everything, sir?" Zazu asked.

"That will be all Zazu," The Man replied. "You may go now."

Zazu bowed one more time before taking off from the desk and flying out of the room, the magical doors shutting themselves behind the bird.

The Man was left alone in his office. He kept looking out of the window, spotting off in the distance, the faint sign of dark clouds forming over the Animal Kingdom, heading towards the Pride Lands. He lifted the piece of paper in his hand, reading Mickey's letter one more time before clutching onto it even tighter, returning his gaze to the window.