𝚇𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Next morning

Nandini woke up first and went to freshen up. After done with morning chores Nandini woke up a cribbing Manik who was reluctant to wake up today. Somehow blackmailing him she sent him to freshen up and set up a white shirt, black blazer and pants along with the necessities and watch, tie and shoes.

She walked out and prepared French toast and coffee. Manik soon walked out from their bedroom getting ready with blazer in hand. He walked towards Nandini and hugged her from behind pecking her forehead wishing her a good morning settled on his seat.

Both had breakfast and took their things to walk out when Manik said "what is our aim for today"

"Finish work early for a date"

They shook hands firmly and laughing walked out from their house and left together in Manik's car.

Dropping Nandini off at the hospital Manik left to Malhotra empire.

Time 9am

Nanz after entering her cabin to keep her bag rushed towards the O.T as there was a serious emergency to be taken care of. Throwing her bag she started on the operation and after a 4 long hour tough operation the patient was out of danger and the parents of the boy were in tears thanking the doctors for saving their child's life.

Nandini prepared the patient's report and attended the other patients checked in the hospital, working their reports and checking on the boy for one last time instructing the nurse left the hospital as there was no more emergency and her shift was over.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Manik's pov
I smiled seeing Nandini's message. She was happy that she was able to save a small boy. Honestly I haven't seen her lose a live yet and I don't want to. I know my wife and she would be devastated if she ever lost any of her patients because she would blame herself for it. A doctor's life is crucial like that I know. The pain they feel when losing a patient is bad especially when they go to inform that hopeful family waiting out the door. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize someone was outside my door.

"Come in" I called out coming out of my trance.

"Sir you're four o' clock appointment is here. I've shown them to the meeting room no. 2. Am I joining you for this meeting sir?" My assistant said holding an iPad.

"That's fine Mrs. Robinson you can join the others for lunch I don't need your presence for this meeting" I said giving the forty year old assistant of mine a smile. She was such a sweet lady just like my mother and she made me cookies. It's sad that she's retiring after I return to India.

I had a meeting with Mr. Xavier Knight, he is one of the most known billionaires here and he wanted a deal with me so I agreed. Like it benefits everyone so why not. The only problem I had was my enemy Harshad. He's from India and was in my college. He used to be tolerable when his father lost a deal against my father and after that they faced heavy losses. I never heard from Harshad after that. But when I took over for dad and came to US for a meeting it was cancelled for some reason. I soon found out that Harshad had shifted to US after that and had become somewhat powerful. I stayed in US for months after that expanding our business because of the threats I received when I showed up here. If that guy thought he could threaten me he was wrong. But honestly I tried staying away from him because I knew his father was a pain and maybe the main reason behind his change. But all changed when Mukti travelled here. Mukti was in a summer program here and was staying with me. She told me she was dating a guy and was going to introduce him to me. Harshad that bastard came home with my sister and had the audacity to speak to me smugly.

"Oh didn't expect to see me did you. To think I fooled your sister into thinking I had a thing for her. She's hot no offense but just not my type"

You won't kill him
You won't kill him
You won't kill him... I kept chanting to myself before I lost control over my anger.

"Guess where am I going to be buried tonight? In your sister sounds good to me" (yes the dialogue from after is too good to just not add)

That's it this bastard will get it. I lost control and beat the shit out of him and got him sent to jail. Unlucky for him I recorded the conversation and the police officer was a female. She did put me on detention for eight hours but she beat the shit out of him with other female cops for talking degradingly about another female. Serves him right, bastard. Mukti didn't believe me but when I showed her the video my poor girl she cried in my arms that night saying what if he actually succeeded in winning her over and sleeping with her. My innocent sister had no plans to sleep with him which made me feel a little better. I didn't realize I was clutching my pen tightly until it broke and spill ink all over me. The fuck..

I looked up right in time to see Mr. Knight stand out my door waiting for me.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Knight I had a little accident please help yourself to the couch and I'll be back in a minute" I sa I'd as I walked into my private space and switched shirts.

"I'm extremely sorry again sir I had no intentions of making you wait" I said again looking at him with a embarrassed smile.

"It's alright son I was clumsy too when I was your age" he said laughing. Oh my god did I not tell you Mr. Xavier Knight was a forty year old man almost the same age as dad and had a daughter who was preparing to take over his business.

"And son congratulations on the wedding I heard from my assistant on my way here" he said patting my back as I moved from standing next to him to sit on my chair.

"Thank you sir I'm lucky my wife still wants me after we came here almost immediately after our wedding" I said thinking of Nandini a smile on my face. My wife was just the most amazing woman who I just couldn't stop thinking about. I stopped when Mr. Knight laughed and said "you remind me of my days son I remember when I couldn't stay away from Amber at all. She used to kick me out of her office because I wouldn't leave her to work"

We spoke for another minute before getting down to business. We discussed our plans as he corrected once or twice when he thought of a better idea.

"Son is Harshad and Ajay still messing with you? I got a call from that bastard wanting to work on a deal no one knew about. He was spying on me and thinks I'm foolish to not realize. To think he has the audacity to approach my daughter". He said his face red most likely remembering his conversation with them.

"They are but I have enough proof to send him to jail so let's work on it"

I showed him all evidence I had and we called our lawyers to set up a meeting tomorrow. We would sign the deal but in reality we signed it today. We would make plans for Ajay and Harshad's downfall and make sure they don't get away for long. After almost three hours he left and I did too because I just needed my wife now. I wanted to see that face that made me feel home here.

Word count:- 1325 words
Snow💋