prolouge

1993

"Every time I start to feel better, you set me back!" Josh's dad yelled from downstairs. "You hurt me!" Josh winced as he heard glasses being thrown and his mom scream. He listened to his mother collapse onto the floor as sobs drowned the house. "What are you talking about? You're sick! You need help, and I'm sorry that I can't give it to you." The door slammed and only then did he run down the stairs, he had learned not to interrupt his father. He fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around his mother. "Mommy, why did daddy leave?" He asked. Their glazed eyes met. "He needed to leave for a while" She responded.

"I thought daddy loved us."

"So did I"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2004

Josh's eyes shot open when he heard someone leave the room next to his. He crept his way out of his room and tip toed downstairs. Everything appeared to happen in slow motion. Josh watched in horror as his dad reached for the pocket pistol they kept under the sink. He turned the revolver on the gun and Josh screamed. His father turned to meet his eyes with his bloodshot ones. "You don't love me at all." He put the barrel of the gun against his head, pulling the trigger without hesitation. All color left Josh's body as he watched his father drop to the floor, lifeless. He stood unmoving as his mother's feet pounded against the stairs. His colors bled to one as the paramedics' drug his body into the ambulance.

His mother pounded on the walls of their broken home, leaving scars on them wherever she went. "What kind of god are you!" She wailed at the sky.

"Why?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2005

"Mom?" Josh hesitantly asked. "I went shopping today, our fridge is full again." She didn't even waste a glance; she took a swig of the unmoving bottle of wine in her hand. "Mom!" He yelled desperately. "Can you hear me? Are you listening?" He grabbed her shoulders and shook her with a gentle but longing force. "Please just listen to me!" A single tear ran down her cheek, yet her eyes never wavered. "Why won't anyone listen?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

short lil prologue

comment what you guys think is going to happen i'm interested