Loss.

"I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)." ~ E.E Cummings

Penelope made her way to the BAU elevators as soon as Derek had called and told her that the team was back. She made it there seconds before Derek and the rest of the team stepped off the elevator. She smiled at him as he walked over to her. He smiled back at her and kissed her lips. 

Derek pulled away from her before he looked down at his wife's stomach. Penelope now had a noticeable baby bump, something that was there but not noticeable when Derek had left on the case that they just closed. He placed his hand on her stomach and smiled before he said," When did this happen?"

She chuckled before she said to her husband," Chocolate thunder, you should know, you were there."

"Baby Girl."

She smiled at him at him before she said," It happened a couple of days ago. I woke up that morning and it was there when I was rubbing cocoa butter on my stomach."

Derek smiled slightly as he bent down to kiss her stomach. Only stopping when he heard a couple of 'awes' from JJ and Emily. 

About two hours later, Derek made his way to Penelope's office, otherwise known as her bat cave. He walked into see all of her computers off and her grabbing her things. He walked over to her and said," Ready to go home?"

She nodded at him and grabbed her bag before she grabbed his hand. They made their way out of the building and to the car. He opened her door and helped her in before he shut her door. He went to the driver's side and got in. He started the car and made their way home. 

Soon enough he pulled into the driveway and parked. He turned to see that Penelope was asleep in the passenger seat. He turned off the car and got out. He made his way to her side and opened the door. He woke her up and said," Baby Girl, we're home." 

She opened her eyes and looked at him. She said," Carry me?"

He nodded and said," Yeah, just let me go open the front door." 

He quickly went to the front door and unlocked it. He opened the door before he made his way back to his wife. He helped her out of the car and grabbed her bag before he picked her up bridal style. He carried her inside and shut the door behind them. Penelope locked it before Derek carried her to their room. Derek set her down once they got to their room. He watched her walk to the bathroom with her pajamas as he got down to his boxers. He laid down in their bed and waited for her to come out of the bathroom. He smiled once he saw her walk out from the bathroom in a pair of shorts and a tank top. 

When she laid down, he kissed her lips and said," Good night.  I love you." 

She snuggled into him before she said," I love you too."

He wrapped his arm around her and placed a hand on her stomach. He waited until he knew that she was asleep before he fell asleep as well.

Penelope woke up hours later. She knew something was off. That's when she felt the cramping. She moved her hand down to her upper thigh and felt something wet. She automatically knew what was happening. She sat up in bed and started to gentle shake Derek as a few tears ran down her cheeks. She said," Derek, wake up."

He woke up when he felt her shaking him. He looked at her and saw the tears. He said," What's wrong?"

She almost whispers, not wanting to admit what was happening," Derek, I'm bleeding." 

He gets out of bed soon after she did. He pulled on a pair of pants and a shirt. He said," Let's go to the hospital." He kissed her head before he continued," You're going to be okay, Baby Girl."

They both put on their shoes before they went to the car and got in. Derek drove as fast as he could to the hospital without getting pulled over. It was two thirty in the morning, so few people were in the emergency room. He parked quickly and helped Penelope into the hospital. He sat her down on a chair before he went over to the receptionist and said," We need some help, my wife is eighteen weeks pregnant and she's bleeding." 

Penelope was being admitted to the hospital quickly.They were given a room and she was happened a hospital gown. She put the gown on as the doctor went to get the ultrasound machine. Derek helped onto the bed before he pulled a chair over to the bed and grabbed her hand. 

He was rubbing circles into the back of her hand when the doctor came back to the machine. The doctor smiled slightly at them before she said," Mrs.Morgan, your husband said you were eighteen weeks along?"

She nodded and said," Yeah."

The doctor nodded slightly before she said," Okay, let's check everything out." 

Penelope moved the gown up before the doctor placed the gel on her stomach and pushed down a little bit with the ultrasound wand. The doctor moved the wand around for about a minute before she puts it back and cleans off Penelope's stomach. She looks at them and said," I'm very sorry. There wasn't any movement or a heartbeat. I'll give you guys as long as you need, take your time."

Derek waited for the doctor to leave before he got onto the bed with his wife. He pulled her into him and just let her cry into his chest. 

Penelope cried into his chest as he rubbed her back. She knew that he was just trying to be strong for her. She looked up from his chest to see a few stray tears running down his cheeks. She brought her hand up and wiped away his tears. He gave her a small smile before he wiped her stray tears. They both knew that was it was nobody's fault, so they didn't say anything about that. He pulled her close again and kissed her head. 

They stayed like that for what seemed like hours but was actually only about forty-five minutes. They looked at her before he kissed her head and then her lips. She kissed him back before he said," This may seem soon, but I want to you to know that whenever you are ready to try again, we can."

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." ~ Victor Hugo(Les Miserables)