Mistletoe.

The annual team Christmas party at Rossi's had finally come around again. The whole team was there, even Will, Jack, Henry, Jenna, and Adeline, Hotch and Emily's three year old twin daughters.

The mistletoe hanging from the arch way leading to the kitchen had gotten all the couples except for one. Mainly because they hadn't walked into the kitchen together. After dinner, they had a secret Santa exchange that was mainly for the kids but the adults got involved with it as well.

Later that night, all the kids were asleep in one of Rossi's guest rooms while the adults were in he living room watching It's A Wonderful Life. 

Penelope stopped cuddling with her boyfriend and stood up from the couch. She made her way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. 

She took a few sips of water before she turned to see Derek standing under the arch way of the kitchen. She smiled slightly at him before she set her cup down on the counter. 

She made her way over to him and gently kissed his lips. He smiled as he kissed her back before he placed his hand on her rounded stomach that had been protecting their daughter for the past six months. 

She stopped looking at him before she glanced up slightly to see the mistletoe hanging from the arch way. She looked back at him and smiled before she said," Look chocolate thunder, mistletoe."

Derek glanced up briefly before looking back at her. He said," I believe this calls for a kiss. It's a Christmas tradition."

She nodded before she closed the space between them. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she felt his arms go to her waist. They pulled away from each other after a minute to breathe. The kiss was sweet and full of the love that they had for each other. 

He said," We should get some mistletoe for the house." 

She placed her hand on her stomach as she felt their daughter kicking. She nodded at him and said," Looks like both of us think that is a good idea."

She gave him a gentle kiss again before they made their way back to their previous spot on the couch.

Author's Note: It's short but sweet. ~ Mekayla.