Chapter 15

Amelie’s P.O.V.

“Hey!” Demi giggled as I ran away from her. We were at the park, and I was currently holding my phone, which happened to contain a picture of her with a chocolate moustache.

“I’m going to tweet it!” I grinned, running as fast as I could. Demi caught up and landed on me.

“How about now?” She smirked, plucking the phone out of my hand and deleting the picture. She was about to get up when I saw the flash. At first nothing clicked, but then Demi looked panicked. “Fuck! Paparazzi! Fuck!” She swore, jumping off me and grabbing my arm. We ran for my car and were followed by one paparazzi who was screaming at us to look at him. We jumped into my car and drove off. Demi had her face in her hands.

“Dem, come on, everything’s gonna be fine.” I tried to reassure her but she was on the verge of tears.

“No, everything’s not going to be fucking alright. There’s pictures of me on top of you. Do you know what the headlines are going to be like? Amelie, I’m not ready for the world to know.” She sighed and sat looking out the window for the rest of the ride home. When we pulled up I followed her into her house, I wanted to be with her to make sure she didn’t relapse or do anything she might regret later.

“Demi, calm down. We can just deny everything and say we’re just friends. They have no evidence apart from that picture, and it’s hardly decisive.” I said, rubbing her back. She was standing looking out of the kitchen window. Her brow-line was creased in worry and she was ruffling her hair like she does when she’s anxious. She turned to me and sighed a little.

“Everything’s going to be okay, right?” She said quietly, hopefully.

“Definitely.” I said, kissing her nose. She calmed down. But how wrong I was.

“Come help me pick out some outfits for press.” She smiled at me, gripping my hand securely in hers. I helped her pick the outfits then her phone started ringing.

“Maddieeeeeee!” Demi answered. I grinned at her, she was so cute when she was talking with Maddie. Her face then fell, “What’s on twitter Maddie?” She was frantically mouthing words at me. Eventually I realised she meant for me to get my phone and check twitter, so that’s what I did.

“There’s nothing on here, Dem.” I said, scrolling through my twitter feed.

“Just tell me Madison!” Demi was freaking out. Then I checked the trends.