Best Friend

Girl when will you live a little. All you do is sit in this stuffy little apartment waiting for Thompson to come home. We can go out and party. He won't be back until tomorrow. He won't even know your gone. It's Friday Chelle, let's do something. My friend Asia whined at me.

Asia, you know we live different lives. I'm married. I'm not about to get caught up out there messing with you. I replied. She pouted. I was never one for the club anyway.

Chelle! She whined and stared at me with puppy eyes.

Assiiiaaaa! I whined back and looked at her.

Two hours later, after hair and make up torture I found myself on the way to what Asia referred to as the new hottest spot in the tri-city area. I stared out the window as the lights rolled past and only slightly listened to Asia and her prattle about the sexiest men and best drinks. Neither really appealed to me. I wasn't much of a drinker. The most I had ever done was a glass of wine to celebrate. When we pulled up the line was around the building. I sighed wishing I would have stayed home with my book.

girl boo. Shut up and come on. Asia grabbed my arm and we made our way to the line.

hey handsome. Asia said as she slipped into the line next to some man. She opened her arms for a hug which kind of surprised him but he followed her lead and hugged her letting his hand travel down her exposed back and come to rest on her ass.

what's good ma? He replied.

Nothing much. Asia grabbed my arm effectively pulling me into line with her as she carried conversation with the guys we had just cut in front of. The line behind us looked pissed but Asia just smiled happily as if she had known these guys her whole life.

you gonna save me a dance right? The guy asked.

of course. Asia replied as we disappeared into the club.

did you know them? I questioned.

no. She laughed. Let's hit the bar. I shook my head and followed. The music was too loud I couldn't hear myself think. It was super crowded I had to keep hold of Asia's hand as to not get lost.

When we made it to the bar, I stood by idly waiting for Asia. I was not drinking tonight. These men looked like wolves ready to pounce. I covered my cleavage a little.

Here, Asia said handing me a blue drink with a straw.

I don't want it.

Chelle loosen up please. I rolled my eyes and took the drink. She looked at me hopeful. I sipped and it was disgusting.

this is nasty. I complained. She only laughed and grabbed my hand. We went to a table and peeked at the crowd. She sipped her drink and I sipped mine. I didn't want it to go to waste.

Soon the alcohol started to kick in. Asia pulled me to the dance floor and we started to dance together. Or more she started to twerk on me. She was shaking and popping and all I could do was laugh and slap her on her big bubble booty. After a few dances she was encouraging me to shake my behind too. The alcohol had me going a little but not enough to embarrass myself. I danced on her a little before I was hot.

you need another drink. Stay here I'll be right back. Before I could protest she was gone. I sighed and nodded my head to the music.

hey ma can I dance with you? I shook my head no, rejecting every guy that tried. Finally Asia came back with two cups in hand. She handed one to me and sipped the other. I frowned but sipped it anyway. Before I knew it I was swirling in a world of color and sound. Asia was definitely behind me and I was dancing like I had lost it.