Too Late?

-Jungkook-

"Now that the girls are gone..." Chanyeol scoots his chair closer to me.

I stop eating and look up.

"Let's have a chat. Man to Man. Boy to Boy. Hyung to Maknae." Chanyeol whispers.

I take a bite of my eggs. "Talk about what?"

"How are you and HaeWon?"

I put down my chopsticks.

I've been waiting...

"I need advice." I state firmly.

Chanyeol smiles and claps his hands. "That's what I'm here for."

"Do you....think HaeWon likes me out of sympathy? Like, she doesn't like like me, but she likes me as a friend...a patient."

I cringed when I said "patient".

"Jungkook, you have to understand that HaeWon was also living her life in that hospital with no awareness of the outside world. She probably doesn't experience this at all and she's shy...new..and nervous. I do get why you would think that, but HaeWon is a wonderful girl and she doesn't mean harm to you."

He didn't answer my question.

I smile. "I know that."

"She probably wants to make sure you're completely healed and comfortable with the outside world so she can finally take off her doctor mask."

"You're right. I just...maybe I'm coming a little too strong on her. Like, kissing her, she seems shy about that." I rub my neck shyly.

Chanyeol pats my back. "You got this. Wait, have you asked her out yet?"

I tilt my head. "Like...outside?"

"No, I mean, have you ask her to be your girlfriend?"

"Oh," I look down. "I haven't. I'm shy too. I don't know what to do."

"YaHUS! I've been waiting for a moment like this to give advice!" Chanyeol cheers. "Yerin thinks she's the best at everything. WAIT until Jungkook does the BIPPITY BOBBITY BOO and it's all because of me."

......

"Nevermind. So?" Chanyeol shakes his head and focuses back on me.

"Should I be cool about it?" I ask. "She seems to like me being kind and all..."

"Actually, you know what, Jungkook." He leans out. "You can do this on your own."

"What? What about the BIBBITY BOBBITY BOO?"

"It'll be a more special BIBBITY BOBBITY BOO if you just use your own knowledge on HaeWon and figure out a way to ask her out." Chanyeol pats my back.

"M-My knowledge? I don't- What do- How do I even start?" I stutter when Chanyeol starts cleaning the dishes.

"Practice. Don't wait too long, Jungkook. A girl like that in a place like California, you gotta be quick." Chanyeol warns. "Before it's too late."

Chanyeol gives me a very serious stare when he said "too late".

I nod. "Ok."

I'm golden, I can do this.

HaeWon and Yerin enter the house and Chanyeol grabs his keys.

"Ready to go?" Chanyeol asks and Yerin nods.