The Stage is Set

Aparna called up Anirudh after she reached Giri Plaza.
"Hello....."
"Hey"
"I have reached. Where are you?"
"I will reach in another ten minutes... Caught in traffic."
"Ok...."
"Sorry...I know you don't appreciate being late....but ...sorry dear...."
"It's ok.....drive safe"
"Ahem....okies.....wait inside Barista....I will join you there in another five minutes...."
"Oki...Bye."
She could sense a lot of expectation in his tone. She didn't want him to be disappointed when he realizes that she had actually come there for a cordial breakup and closure. She meant to give a closure. It was something he failed to do several years back.
She ordered a frappe and looked around. The place was almost empty except for a couple of guys and girls chatting over a cup of coffee.

A few minutes later, a tall guy in a black shirt and jeans walked towards her table at Barista.
"Hi Aparna......"
"Hi ...." I replied.
"Do you recognize me?"
"Anirudh.....", I managed a smile.
"Hmm....so you ordered a frappe for you and what have you ordered for me?"
"Uh...I don't know what you would prefer ...so...."
"Hmm...so you haven't ordered my favorite black coffee yet...... ", he smiled. She managed to smile.
"Excuse me."
He went to the counter to make his order.
He was now taller than she last met him years ago.

Anirudh was back with his black coffee.
"Hey sorry....met one of friends here and was catching up with him......"
"Hmm....that's ok..."
Silence.
She looked at him.
"Why did you leave me? I need a closure Anirudh and I have come here only for that. I have no idea of continuing any relationship with you. GET IT?"

"Hmm....are you sure?"

"Yes...very sure...."

And he walked out of the coffee shop and out of the mall.