Spider-Man in Stuttgart

"Ahh," Mary Jane Watson sighed, as she lifted her head out of the water. She was in a large warm swimming pool at the vast grand hotel she was staying at in Stuttgart. Sunshine and quietness surrounded her, as she enjoyed a bit of quiet time to herself in her purple bikini. Then she was pushed away by an enormous splash!

Mary Jane coughed and spluttered. "Hey, be more careful, you – "

Then the man who jumped in the pool turned around to face her and smiled. "Hey, MJ."

"Peter?" Mary Jane gasped happily. She was delighted to see Peter Parker after not seeing him for three weeks. She swam to him and kissed him. "What are you doing here?"

"New York has been quiet for a little while," said Peter. "Not much criminals to capture; the Police is catching them. And more people are being careful, not needing to be rescued. So I figured even Spiderman deserves a break too."

"Well, I'm glad you're here," said Mary Jane. "Touring Zombing Around in Germany has been very homesick and lonely."

"Has the tour sold out all the tickets yet?" asked Peter.

"No, there's a few left tonight at the Stuttgart State Theatre," said Mary Jane.

"Great," said Peter. "I'll be there tonight."

Mary Jane smiled. "Great."

Peter fired web and he flew out of the pool.

"See you tonight, Tiger," said Mary Jane. She felt much better by Peter's surprise appearance.

By nightfall, Peter Parker was on his way to the Stuttgart State Theatre. In the past, he let Mary Jane down a few times, but tonight Peter was determined not to miss her performance this time. He was walking past a museum when he saw people running out of it. Then he saw a man dressed in some sort of weird armour walking out with a scepter with a flashing blue light.

"Kneel before me," ordered the man.

Peter had never seen this guy, but quickly knew this guy was up to no good and no good at all. He quickly ran into a corner.

The people were running away from the man with the scepter before he appeared in front of them again.

"I said KNEEL!" he repeated.

And this time they did.

"Is not this simpler?" asked the man. "Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

Then one man from the crowd stood up. "Not to men like you," he said to the man with the scepter.

The scepter man laughed. "There are no men like me."

"There are always men like you," said the man.

"Look to your elder, people," the man in the weird armour said to the kneeling humans. "Let him be an example." His scepter glowed blue. It fired, but the lighting didn't hit the man. Because he was swooped up in the air! The man with the scepter looked up to see the old man in the sky with Spider-Man. The superhero put the man down on the ground.

"What are you?" asked the scepter man.

"Just a creature who's wondering if he's allowed to live in your kingdom or gonna get squashed," said Spiderman.

"Well, let me think about it," said the man with the scepter. Then no sooner had he fired his scepter than Spiderman swung himself away. He landed next to the entrance of the museum. His spider senses made him dodge the armoured man behind him.